Vista - ATI drivers

Old March 9th 07, 03:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Sebastian A. Potthoff

Default Vista - ATI drivers

Hi!

I am using Vista Business 32b on a notebook computer. I was wondering if you
can have any access to the drivers function without installing the catalys
control center.
Those settings do not appear anymore in display properties.

Regards,
sap

Old March 10th 07, 01:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

Nope. The usual alternative, ATi Tray Tools, is limited to XP.

Then again, if you already resigned yourself to the bloated, slow Vista,
installing Catalyst Control Center won't add any additional pain...

Old March 16th 07, 03:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Rich[_2_]

Then again, if you already resigned yourself to the bloated, slow Vista,

Sorry, nothing slow about Vista

Rich
Old March 16th 07, 04:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

EVERYTHING is slow about Vista. The OS is supposed to be an unobtrusive,
simple platform to launch applications, not to take up multiple GBs on the
hard drive and look like a fruitcake.

Old March 16th 07, 05:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Lake

"Rich" wrote in message
Then again, if you already resigned yourself to the bloated, slow Vista,

Sorry, nothing slow about Vista

The thirty Vista ready systems on which I installed it are all slower than
they were
with XP. Gotta follow Corporate Policy, though....

Tom Lake

Old March 16th 07, 05:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
pjp

"Rich" wrote in message
Then again, if you already resigned yourself to the bloated, slow Vista,

Sorry, nothing slow about Vista

Just the people who swallow MS's "plan" hook, line and sinker.

Rich

Old March 16th 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
RT

"Rich" wrote in message
Then again, if you already resigned yourself to the bloated, slow Vista,

Sorry, nothing slow about Vista

Rich

You know I read the hype about digital rights and all the other. I took the
plunge and installed Vista Ultimate by wiping Xp from my C drive. Is it
perfect? No, adobe reader 8 crashes. A few games have problems but most
were solved by running with admin rights.

After about 2 weeks I must say I love it and would never go back. It grows
on you with time and you start notice all the nice little things MS has
added. My regular ATI XL8000 just failed and I am writing this from a 64MB
video card. Guess what, it is usable. I cannot play many games but for
everything else it works okay with the Aero interface turned off
(automatically).

Oh, and this is from someone who occasionally boots Linux Ubuntu (a great
os) for an occasional change.

RT

Old March 16th 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
RT

"Rich" wrote in message
Then again, if you already resigned yourself to the bloated, slow Vista,

Sorry, nothing slow about Vista

The thirty Vista ready systems on which I installed it are all slower than
they were
with XP. Gotta follow Corporate Policy, though....

Tom Lake

What specs would these computers have? My experience on AMD X2 4200+, ATI
Xl800 and 2GB Ram at home has been great. I can imagine that would change
on the average computer that exists at my workplace.

Old March 18th 07, 12:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Rich[_2_]

"First of One" wrote in message
EVERYTHING is slow about Vista. The OS is supposed to be an unobtrusive,
simple platform to launch applications, not to take up multiple GBs on the
hard drive and look like a fruitcake.

NOTHING!

"suppoed to be unobtrusive?" says who? you?

"simple platform to launch applications, not to ..." then get to work and
write one like you want one.

oh brother

Old March 18th 07, 12:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Rich[_2_]

Just the people who swallow MS's "plan" hook, line and sinker.

"make up **** and believe it" you too can be happy in the near vicinity of
your fantasy.

heh

that long road you're traveling is going to end and when it does, you'll be
left with what?

Rich