My X1950XT reports wrong clock speed!

Old March 5th 07, 01:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
FKS

Default My X1950XT reports wrong clock speed!

I recently upgraded from an X1900GT to X1950XT. Both CCC and ATI tray tool
report the core clock = 500MHz and the mem clock =594MHz. The numbers should
be 625 & 1,800, right? I'm using Cat 7.1.

Old March 5th 07, 01:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

"FKS" wrote in message ...
I recently upgraded from an X1900GT to X1950XT. Both CCC and ATI tray tool
report the core clock = 500MHz and the mem clock =594MHz. The numbers
should be 625 & 1,800, right? I'm using Cat 7.

Those are the correct 2D clock speeds for this card. Like most newer gen
cards, it kicks up to full throttle in 3D mode.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=215573

Old March 5th 07, 02:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

". The numbers
should be 625 & 1,800, right? I'm using Cat 7.

Forgot to mention that the actual memory speed for your card 900Mhz in 3D
Mode which the manufacturers double to 1800Mhz "effective". So, 625/900 in
3D mode. 500/1200 in 2D. And the actual speed is generally a few Mhz below
the quoted spec.

Old March 5th 07, 02:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Augustus

"500/1200 in 2D."

Oops, I screwed up... 500/600 in 2D !

Old March 5th 07, 03:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
FKS

"Augustus" wrote in message
"500/1200 in 2D."

Oops, I screwed up... 500/600 in 2D !

Thanks for the info. I thought I got a defective card.

Old March 5th 07, 05:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

I thought all ATi cards from the X1600 and up had different 2D/3D clock
speeds. Did your X1900GT run full-blast at all times?

Old March 5th 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
FKS

"First of One" root@localhost wrote in message
I thought all ATi cards from the X1600 and up had different 2D/3D clock
speeds. Did your X1900GT run full-blast at all times?

I never bothered to check clock speeds of my GT 'cause I knew I was going to
upgrade to the XT.