Catalyst 9.1... Almost Here

Old January 29th 09, 05:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

Default Catalyst 9.1... Almost Here

Well, as of this post the front page says 9.1. When you click on the links
it takes you to the 8.12 page.
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Old January 29th 09, 06:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
DevilsPGD[_3_]

In message "First of
One" root@localhost was claimed to have wrote:

Well, as of this post the front page says 9.1. When you click on the links
it takes you to the 8.12 page.
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Is this anything significant or just an incremental monthly update with
a new version number to signify the new year?
Old January 29th 09, 08:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tony DiMarzio

"First of One" root@localhost wrote in message
Well, as of this post the front page says 9.1. When you click on the links
it takes you to the 8.12 page.
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

It's fully there now.

Main bullet is - "Full OpenGLT 3.0 support"

Tony

Old January 29th 09, 10:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
DevilsPGD[_3_]

In message DevilsPGD
was claimed to have wrote:

In message "First of
One" root@localhost was claimed to have wrote:

Well, as of this post the front page says 9.1. When you click on the links
it takes you to the 8.12 page.
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Is this anything significant or just an incremental monthly update with
a new version number to signify the new year?

I stand corrected, it does look potentially interesting.
Old January 30th 09, 02:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

Interestingly, the driver can handle the nVidia NV_conditional_render
extension.

What ever happened to the multithreading optimizations that were supposed to
improve Crysis Warhead performance by 8% on quad-core systems?
http://www.hardware.fr/news/10055/dx...-9-1-quad.html

Old January 30th 09, 02:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tony DiMarzio

Hmmm... I wonder what the chances are of it now working with the old NVidia
Dawn demo using the ATI GL wrapper. I used to love that demo but it broke
somewhere around Cat 6.5 I think. Hasn't worked since.

NVidia always had the best Demos ... at least back then.

HA - remember the dawn.exe - 3dmark03.exe "easter egg" ?

Old January 30th 09, 05:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
DRS

"First of One" root@localhost wrote in message

Well, as of this post the front page says 9.1. When you click on the
links it takes you to the 8.12 page.
http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Has anyone got past the stupid survey on the Avivo package download? I've
done it twice but no download.

Old January 30th 09, 07:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Carl

I cannot get the AVIVO download to launch at all.
Old January 30th 09, 12:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

http://game.amd.com/us-en/AVIVO_Surv...code_74235.exe

http://game.amd.com/us-en/AVIVO_Surv...code_74232.exe

URLs came from AMD forum:
http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...hreadid=107790

Both EXEs download fine. No idea if they run, though, since I got a GTX285
now...

Old January 30th 09, 09:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
rms[_2_]

http://game.amd.com/us-en/AVIVO_Surv...code_74235.exe

http://game.amd.com/us-en/AVIVO_Surv...code_74232.exe

URLs came from AMD forum:
http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...hreadid=107790

Thx foo! I complained on rage3d.com forums, and a game.amd.com admin
acknowledged the link problem a couple days ago, but I notice it's still not
fixed.

rms

Catalyst A.I..... Jez Ati Videocards 6 October 15th 05 12:30 AM
New Catalyst 5.9 is out Uffe Ati Videocards 34 October 1st 05 06:50 AM
Question Catalyst Drivers and Catalyst Control Center LouisG Ati Videocards 4 January 23rd 05 09:20 PM
Catalyst 4.11 and Catalyst Control Center Bill Davis Jr Ati Videocards 14 November 21st 04 04:24 PM
Catalyst 4.4 bug Dr Teeth Ati Videocards 17 May 2nd 04 11:21 PM