s-video cable?

Old March 10th 07, 05:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Russ

Default s-video cable?

Hi: I just bought this "ATI ALL IN WONDER 128 RAGE PCI TV TUNER VIDEO
CARD 32MG" off eBay and it installed no problem in my desktop PC. Now
I want to use its s-video capability to display on my TV. But, it
came with no cables and I'm not sure what cable I need to go from it
to the two RCA jacks on the front of my TV (my TV doesn't have s-video
input). Can you point me to one?

Here is link to picture of my card:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8875&rd=1&rd=1

thanks,
russ

Old March 10th 07, 08:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Captain Midnight

"Russ" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi: I just bought this "ATI ALL IN WONDER 128 RAGE PCI TV TUNER VIDEO
CARD 32MG" off eBay and it installed no problem in my desktop PC. Now
I want to use its s-video capability to display on my TV. But, it
came with no cables and I'm not sure what cable I need to go from it
to the two RCA jacks on the front of my TV (my TV doesn't have s-video
input). Can you point me to one?

Here is link to picture of my card:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8875&rd=1&rd=1

thanks,
russ

The cable(s) you didn't get are shown in the MMC71.PDF file(or similar) on
the CD that came with the card. If you don't have the CD you should be able
to get the PDF from the website. The pictures are near the end in the
troubleshooting section. The connector on the card isn't S-video it's,
AFAIK, a proprietary ATI connector. The output has S-video, composite and
audio. Once you know what your looking for go to the ATI shopping website.

You won't get sound from the AIW to the computer without this cable or an
internal cable. This external output and the output from your sound card is
phone so you'll need a phone to phono adapter and extensions to audio and
video to the TV.

Old March 10th 07, 10:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB

"Captain Midnight" wrote in message
"Russ" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

The specs for the card say it has composite and s-video output, he
http://ati.amd.com/products/rage128/aiw128/specs.html

There's also a pdf file here that lists most of the same information:
http://ati.amd.com/products/brochures/aiw128.pdf
I don't see why a s-video to rca cable wouldn't work. Do a google for
's-video to rca' and you'll get lots of hits. I haven't checked the ATI
store, but I would think they would be more expensive than something
else online. Maybe you can get the specs from ATI, and buy it
elsewhere.

Old March 10th 07, 10:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

Indeed, the specs for the card say it is capable of outputting to composite
and s-video. The card just needs a breakout cable to do it.

This is most likely the appropriate cable for the AIW Rage 128:
http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2537999 The connector pin arrangement
matches the card, if the eBay photo is true (it may not be, according to the
disclaimer in the listing).

. ..

Old March 11th 07, 01:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Russ

On Mar 10, 3:23 pm, "First of One" root@localhost wrote:
Indeed, the specs for the card say it is capable of outputting to composite
and s-video. The card just needs a breakout cable to do it.

This is most likely the appropriate cable for the AIW Rage 128:http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2537999The connector pin arrangement
matches the card, if the eBay photo is true (it may not be, according to the
disclaimer in the listing).

Thanks for the help guys. I found this knock-off cable that I'm going
to try. The one at AMD/ATI costs $12.99 so i'll only waste $6 if this
one from monoprice doesn't work:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

much obliged!
russ

Old March 11th 07, 03:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Captain Midnight

"Russ" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 10, 3:23 pm, "First of One" root@localhost wrote:
Indeed, the specs for the card say it is capable of outputting to

composite
and s-video. The card just needs a breakout cable to do it.

This is most likely the appropriate cable for the AIW Rage

128:http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2537999The connector pin arrangement
matches the card, if the eBay photo is true (it may not be, according to

the
disclaimer in the listing).

Thanks for the help guys. I found this knock-off cable that I'm going
to try. The one at AMD/ATI costs $12.99 so i'll only waste $6 if this
one from monoprice doesn't work:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

much obliged!
russ

Didn't know anyone else was making cables for the AIW. Looks like it should
work if the connector on your card is 8 pin. I got the SB internal audio
cable for my AIW9600 locally for about 1/4 the ATI price and no shipping.

Good luck.

Old March 11th 07, 03:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Captain Midnight

"KCB" wrote in message
. ..

"Captain Midnight" wrote in message
"Russ" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

The connector he has isn't S-video. It's the ATI's card connection. The
"octopus" cable he needs has composite, S-video and audio. The third
connector down on the card in your second link is the ATI version of what he
needs.

Old March 11th 07, 03:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Accessories like cables and adapters typically carry the highest retail
markups at ATi. So if you can find equivalent cables for less, by all means.

Monoprice.com looks like a good resource for future purchases.

"Captain Midnight" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old March 12th 07, 08:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Captain Midnight

--

Thanks for the help guys. I found this knock-off cable that I'm going
to try. The one at AMD/ATI costs $12.99 so i'll only waste $6 if this
one from monoprice doesn't work:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...ormat=2&style=

much obliged!
russ

Didn't know anyone else was making cables for the AIW. Looks like it
should work if the connector on your card is 8 pin. I got the SB

internal
audio cable for my AIW9600 locally for about 1/4 the ATI price and no
shipping.

Good luck.

Agreed

monitor out / video out cable on notebook video out joe smith Matrox Videocards 1 June 21st 04 07:17 PM
Video cable BudMan Ati Videocards 0 February 14th 04 12:45 AM
20 Foot Video Cable to TV Doctor Kimble Nvidia Videocards 3 December 22nd 03 02:41 PM
BNC video cable SloPoke Nvidia Videocards 0 July 28th 03 01:10 AM