Help me find a cooler for my 6800GS PCI-E please...

Old March 9th 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Help me find a cooler for my 6800GS PCI-E please...

I have looked around and can't find a cooler that will fit this card.
I tried a X1 Accero and it did not fit. I was bummed. Anyone know of a
cooler that will fit this card? Thanks. It's 512mb if it matters.

Old March 10th 07, 02:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
BobS

I have two of these installed and what I did is mount two 120mm fans
opposite the cards in the side panel. Cutout the panel with a Dremel or
similar tool, clean it up with a file and mount the fan(s). Power from an
used connector - works like a dream.

May be an idea you want to try.

Bob S.

oups.com...

Old March 10th 07, 08:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/...x=192&code=013
Performance is on par with the Arctic Cooling units.

Newegg carries it for $37:

oups.com...

Old March 10th 07, 10:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

On Mar 9, 5:07 pm, "BobS" wrote:
I have two of these installed and what I did is mount two 120mm fans
opposite the cards in the side panel. Cutout the panel with a Dremel or
similar tool, clean it up with a file and mount the fan(s). Power from an
used connector - works like a dream.

May be an idea you want to try.

Bob S.

wrote in message

oups.com...

I have looked around and can't find a cooler that will fit this card.
I tried a X1 Accero and it did not fit. I was bummed. Anyone know of a
cooler that will fit this card? Thanks. It's 512mb if it matters.

Would it be possible to post a pic of that setup? Thanks.

Old March 16th 07, 11:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

On Mar 9, 11:10 pm, "First of One" root@localhost wrote:
http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/...x=192&code=013
Performance is on par with the Arctic Cooling units.

Newegg carries it for $37:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118001

wrote in message

oups.com...

I have looked around and can't find a cooler that will fit this card.
I tried a X1 Accero and it did not fit. I was bummed. Anyone know of a
cooler that will fit this card? Thanks. It's 512mb if it matters.

Hey, thanks for the advice. I got one of these today. It dropped the
temp 7-9c. Thanks.