Mobility 9000 IGP and TVout???

Old March 4th 07, 10:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Spike

Default Mobility 9000 IGP and TVout???

Hi,

Am wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction?

I am looking for a cheap and easy way of watching movies from notebook
(amilo pro v7010) on a CRT TV.

I saw this item:
http://www.ebest24.com/product_info....curre ncy=GBP
and wondered if it would suit.

My notebook has a ATI Mobility 9000 IGP chipset, I've also seen this
described as a ATI RC300ML / IXP150.

The pdfs that came with my notebook don't specify tvout, but I read here
(http://ati.amd.com/products/Mobility.../features.html) that it
has it, my pdfs specify the vga port as 'analogue'

I can't find mention of it anywhere else, so wondered if it was an optional
extra that my notebook doesn't come with or whether the above cable would do
the job?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Spike

Old March 5th 07, 12:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

"Spike" wrote in message
I am looking for a cheap and easy way of watching movies from notebook
(amilo pro v7010) on a CRT TV.

I saw this item:
http://www.ebest24.com/product_info....curre ncy=GBP
and wondered if it would suit.

This adapter simply changes the shape of the plug. It doesn't do any signal
conversion. It likely will not work. You will likely need one of these:
http://www.svideo.com/vga2video2.html . $70. Not necessarily cheap, but
easy.

My notebook has a ATI Mobility 9000 IGP chipset, I've also seen this
described as a ATI RC300ML / IXP150.

The pdfs that came with my notebook don't specify tvout, but I read here
(http://ati.amd.com/products/Mobility.../features.html) that it
has it,

The 9000 IGP *chipset* supports TV-out, but in order for it to work, the
motherboard and notebook chassis need to have routing for that feature.
Indeed the more expensive Amilo Pro V8010/8020 models have an S-video port
for TV-out.

my pdfs specify the vga port as 'analogue'

Correct. The VGA output (to CRT computer monitors) is usually an analog
signal. The signal is different from that used by the TV, though.

Old March 5th 07, 02:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Spike

snip

Thanks for the reply, was kind of hoping that the tv out was routed via the
vga.

Will take a look at the gadget or stick with burning onto DVDrw.

Cheers
Spike