Hardware Monitoring ASUS AS99127

Old December 7th 03, 05:54 AM
Joust

Default Hardware Monitoring ASUS AS99127

anybody have teh schematic of an implementation of the Hardware Monitoring
ASUS AS99127 chip.
this little bugger seems to be the root of my problems.
power sitch does not work.
reset switch does not work.
PC reboots at random every 15-30 min
probably more but i don't know enough about the chips functions to test for
it.

i have another dead board to scavenge a chip from but would like to know
more befoer i put in the effort. it may be a pointless exercise.
thanks

Old December 7th 03, 06:20 AM
P2B

Joust wrote:
anybody have teh schematic of an implementation of the Hardware Monitoring
ASUS AS99127 chip.
this little bugger seems to be the root of my problems.
power sitch does not work.
reset switch does not work.
PC reboots at random every 15-30 min
probably more but i don't know enough about the chips functions to test for
it.

i have another dead board to scavenge a chip from but would like to know
more befoer i put in the effort. it may be a pointless exercise.
thanks

Asus doesn't publish datasheets for their chips :-( This is about as
much information as you are going to get without figuring it out for
yourself:

http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~bertrik/asb100/asb100.html

Old December 7th 03, 08:44 AM
Paul

In article , "Joust"
wrote:

anybody have teh schematic of an implementation of the Hardware Monitoring
ASUS AS99127 chip.
this little bugger seems to be the root of my problems.
power sitch does not work.
reset switch does not work.
PC reboots at random every 15-30 min
probably more but i don't know enough about the chips functions to test for
it.

i have another dead board to scavenge a chip from but would like to know
more befoer i put in the effort. it may be a pointless exercise.
thanks

See the other thread. Try swapping the power supply first.

Paul
Old December 7th 03, 04:27 PM
Joust

i'll try it.
but all indications lead me to beleive it is not the power supply.