please help ! Samsung digital monitor went dark at 600x800 resolution

Old July 11th 03, 03:19 AM
Great Weather

Default please help ! Samsung digital monitor went dark at 600x800 resolution

I have windows XP Pro running with
the best video card from ASUS.

For some reason when I switched the display to 600x800 resolution my digital
monitor went dark... .now when xp loads up I can't see anything....

How can I change the video back to another resolution ? Can I enter windows
somehow with a different resolution ? What can I do to solve the problem.?

Thanks

Old July 11th 03, 03:30 AM
Manda Luyong

Try going to safe mode and see if you can see any graphics from there.

"Great Weather" wrote in
message ...

Old July 11th 03, 03:50 AM
Great Weather

Manda,

How in the world do I get into safe mode ?

When I press F8 before windows loads I get a screen that
says choose boot sequence a drive, via hd, or cd rom ?

What am I supposed to press to get to the option to load in
safe mode ?

Thanks,

. ..

Old July 11th 03, 03:55 AM
Manda Luyong

Don't be to quick on F8 since F8 activates the boot device selection. If
you still can't get to safe mode via F8, select hard drive a s the boot
device and after selecting, hit F8 like hell. Hope it works.

"Great Weather" wrote in
message ...