Need fan for Matrox G450 video card

Old August 25th 03, 04:14 PM
~A_Sammy

Default Need fan for Matrox G450 video card

Hi,
The fan is making a lot of noise so I know it's not gonna last a whole lot
longer.
I emailed Matrox, but they didn't answer.
Can anybody help me locate a replacement fan?

TIA

as

Old August 25th 03, 06:31 PM
Allen_L

~A_Sammy wrote:
Hi,
The fan is making a lot of noise so I know it's not gonna last a
whole lot longer.
I emailed Matrox, but they didn't answer.
Can anybody help me locate a replacement fan?

TIA

as

I was under the impression that all the Matrox cards including the new P650
(64MB one) were fanless. I'm not 'up' on the latest versions, but I thought
the G450 was a fanless card.

....Allen

Old August 25th 03, 09:35 PM
~A_Sammy

Hi, I just heard from Matrox, and they said the same thing you did, ie,
they're fanless.
This isn't a new card. It was installed about 2 years ago, and it has a
fan. I stopped
the noise the computer was making by sticking a screwdrive in the blades of
the fan
on the card, and the noise stopped. The problem is I'm in NJ and the system
is in California. Pretty long screw driver huh? Naw, I was out there last
month and diagnosed the source of the noise, but didn't have the presence of
mind to take all the info off the card. I relied on the sales reciept which
I had back here in NJ which sais its a Martox G450 duel head with 32mgs of
ram on it.

Do you think any old fan that is the right physical size would be ok to use?

Old August 25th 03, 10:36 PM
Allen_L

~A_Sammy wrote:
Hi, I just heard from Matrox, and they said the same thing you did,
ie, they're fanless.
This isn't a new card. It was installed about 2 years ago, and it
has a fan. I stopped
the noise the computer was making by sticking a screwdrive in the
blades of the fan
on the card, and the noise stopped. The problem is I'm in NJ and
the system is in California. Pretty long screw driver huh? Naw, I
was out there last month and diagnosed the source of the noise, but
didn't have the presence of mind to take all the info off the card.
I relied on the sales reciept which I had back here in NJ which sais
its a Martox G450 duel head with 32mgs of ram on it.

Do you think any old fan that is the right physical size would be ok
to use?

as

I would try and find out more about the card that is in the computer by
looking at it. You would want to replace the fan with the same size and
specs., if possible. Somehow I thing you have a dual monitor card, but it
may not be a Matrox and I'm surprised that a 32MB card would have more than
a heat sink attached. It will say somewhere on the card or on the chips some
info you can 'run' down to I.D. the card and then go to the manufacture's
site and either ask again or check it out. If you go to the Matrox site
(find through Google), you will see 'your' card, and it is not a fan
equipped card.

....Allen

Old August 26th 03, 03:51 AM
Larc

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:31:04 GMT, Allen_L pondered exceedingly, then took quill
in hand and carefully composed...

| ~A_Sammy wrote:
| Hi,
| The fan is making a lot of noise so I know it's not gonna last a
| whole lot longer.
| I emailed Matrox, but they didn't answer.
| Can anybody help me locate a replacement fan?
|
| TIA
|
| as
|
| I was under the impression that all the Matrox cards including the new P650
| (64MB one) were fanless. I'm not 'up' on the latest versions, but I thought
| the G450 was a fanless card.

The Matrox G450 MMS has a fan. That's a four-chip video card that's designed
for multiple monitors in a commercial situation. It's VERY expensive: $599 for
the x2 and $799 for the x4.

http://www.matrox.com/mga/buy_matrox/buy_mms/home.cfm

Larc

§§§ - Please raise temperature of mail to reply by e-mail - §§§