How long till the 7950GS AGP is released?

Old January 22nd 07, 04:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Too_Much_Coffee ®

Default How long till the 7950GS AGP is released?

I don't know either.

If I Google '7950GS AGP' I get quite a few hits but they are
mostly forum comments. I would be very surprised if this isn't
the card nVidia releases to challenge the 1950PRO, but I could
be wrong.

Waiting and watching.

TMC

Old January 22nd 07, 05:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Too_Much_Coffee ®

Too_Much_Coffee ® wrote:
I don't know either.

If I Google '7950GS AGP' I get quite a few hits but they are
mostly forum comments. I would be very surprised if this isn't
the card nVidia releases to challenge the 1950PRO, but I could
be wrong.

Waiting and watching.

TMC

Here's a little bit:
http://tinyurl.com/yp9tgw

Old January 23rd 07, 12:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
No One

Too_Much_Coffee ® wrote:
I don't know either.

If I Google '7950GS AGP' I get quite a few hits but they are
mostly forum comments. I would be very surprised if this isn't
the card nVidia releases to challenge the 1950PRO, but I could
be wrong.

Waiting and watching.

TMC

How can AGP keep up with a 7950?
Old January 23rd 07, 02:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Slap

never.

Old January 23rd 07, 02:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Too_Much_Coffee ®

No One wrote:
Too_Much_Coffee ® wrote:
I don't know either.

If I Google '7950GS AGP' I get quite a few hits but they are
mostly forum comments. I would be very surprised if this

isn't
the card nVidia releases to challenge the 1950PRO, but I

could
be wrong.

Waiting and watching.

TMC

How can AGP keep up with a 7950?

How can AGP keep up with an X1950Pro? nVidia isn't going to let
ATI have the AGP market so they have to come up with something,
IMO.

TMC

Old January 23rd 07, 02:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Too_Much_Coffee ®

Slap wrote:
never.

Never say never.

TMC

Old January 23rd 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

"Too_Much_Coffee ®" wrote in message
. ..
I don't know either.

If I Google '7950GS AGP' I get quite a few hits but they are
mostly forum comments.

There exists an Arctic Cooling-equipped, highly overclockable 512 MB 7900GT
AGP in the form of Gainward's 7800GS+, available for a price at
Overclockers.co.uk. Stop waiting. :-)

I would be very surprised if this isn't the card nVidia releases to
challenge the 1950PRO, but I could be wrong.

Remember, any board partner can integrate the HSI bridge and produce an AGP
card like Gainward has done. The reason they haven't is probably because
their market research shows little profit potential, even at $100 higher
prices than their PCIe equivalents - this may be why ATi doesn't market an
X1950 Pro AGP itself, leaving the risk to the smaller partners like
Powercolor, Diamond, Sapphire, etc.

Old January 23rd 07, 09:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
oldwolf

There exists an Arctic Cooling-equipped, highly overclockable 512 MB

7900GT
AGP in the form of Gainward's 7800GS+, available for a price at
Overclockers.co.uk. Stop waiting. :-)

And a damn good card it is too.
(Got mine in exchange for a DOA X850XT (non PE).)

Old January 23rd 07, 12:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Too_Much_Coffee ®

First of One wrote:
"Too_Much_Coffee ®" wrote in message
. ..
I don't know either.

If I Google '7950GS AGP' I get quite a few hits but they are
mostly forum comments.

There exists an Arctic Cooling-equipped, highly overclockable

512
MB 7900GT AGP in the form of Gainward's 7800GS+, available for

price at Overclockers.co.uk. Stop waiting. :-)

I would be very surprised if this isn't the card nVidia

releases to
challenge the 1950PRO, but I could be wrong.

Remember, any board partner can integrate the HSI bridge and
produce an AGP card like Gainward has done.

That's what I mean really when I say ATI or nVidia. I think we
will see a BFG 7950GS OC AGP soon. Within the next 1-2 months;
maybe sooner.

TMC

Old January 23rd 07, 01:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
No One

Too_Much_Coffee ® wrote:

No One wrote:

Too_Much_Coffee ® wrote:

I don't know either.

If I Google '7950GS AGP' I get quite a few hits but they are
mostly forum comments. I would be very surprised if this

isn't

the card nVidia releases to challenge the 1950PRO, but I

could

be wrong.

Waiting and watching.

TMC

How can AGP keep up with a 7950?

How can AGP keep up with an X1950Pro? nVidia isn't going to let
ATI have the AGP market so they have to come up with something,
IMO.

TMC

Why? How large can the top end AGP market be? PCI-Express has been out
nearly 3 years. Even at my local computer retailer the number of AGP
cards available is dwarphed by the PCI-Express cards. They sell more
PCI-Express and AGP as well. Further, your typical AGP setup will run
Vista way too slowly.