GeForce 7600 GT

Old December 23rd 06, 11:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Anonymous

Default GeForce 7600 GT

Just picked up an EVGA GeForce 7600 GT, uninstalled my old NVIDIA drivers,
went to NVIDIA.com and downloaded/installed the new driver. When I go to
the nvidia control panel and I go to the 3D settings, I do not see an
overclocking option as the help states that I should. Am I doing something
wrong, or is it simply that the EVGA card is crap and doesn't support
overclocking of the chip? Thanks!

Old December 24th 06, 01:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Conor

In article , Anonymous
says...
Just picked up an EVGA GeForce 7600 GT, uninstalled my old NVIDIA drivers,
went to NVIDIA.com and downloaded/installed the new driver. When I go to
the nvidia control panel and I go to the 3D settings, I do not see an
overclocking option as the help states that I should. Am I doing something
wrong, or is it simply that the EVGA card is crap and doesn't support
overclocking of the chip? Thanks!

You need to enable the Classic Control Panel and not the new bag of
****.

--
Conor

"You're not married,you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart
Old December 24th 06, 06:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Anonymous wrote:
Just picked up an EVGA GeForce 7600 GT, uninstalled my old NVIDIA drivers,
went to NVIDIA.com and downloaded/installed the new driver. When I go to
the nvidia control panel and I go to the 3D settings, I do not see an
overclocking option as the help states that I should. Am I doing something
wrong, or is it simply that the EVGA card is crap and doesn't support
overclocking of the chip? Thanks!

You need to enable 'coolbits' a registry file you can download here,
which turns on many hidden but useful forceware features.

In addition, you can install ntune, which is coolbits for your
motherboard, cpu and ram, it installs and runs inside the nvidia control
panel gui.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility.html

You can use coolbits in either the classic or new control panel.
Old December 24th 06, 03:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Anonymous

Ntune works, I can overclock that way; however, the coolbits file that you
pointed me to does not work. Has nvidia moved the overclocking
functionality to the ntune program?

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
. ..

Old December 25th 06, 02:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shepİ

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 08:45:42 -0600 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
Yang then "Anonymous" sent this :

Ntune works, I can overclock that way; however, the coolbits file that you
pointed me to does not work. Has nvidia moved the overclocking
functionality to the ntune program?

I think so.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=88558
Old December 25th 06, 07:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

if you pop on to www.guru3d.com and download RIVATUNER it will give
you options to overclock the gpu and memory. there are lots of other
third party ones also