Bridges cannot be destroyed by calliopes or friendly mines in Company of Heroes Tales of Valor: Lyon 1 v 1

Old September 27th 13, 03:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Default Bridges cannot be destroyed by calliopes or friendly mines in Company of Heroes Tales of Valor: Lyon 1 v 1

Also for the record this was with patch 2.602 which is the last/latest
available patch for COH TOV as far as I know.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message news:...

Hello,

The following game is a nice example how some kind of stupid short coming in
Company of Heroes Talves of Valor ruined a otherwise perfectly fun game:

http://www.skybuck.org/Games/Company...ckingBull****/

Surprise Surpise, the bridges cannot be destroyed by Calliopes on Lyon 1 v
1.

I kinda already knew this because I can remember a game from long ago but
did not pay much attention to it.

But this time it was very convincing that the bridge did not go down.

EVEN AFTER 4 ROCKET BARRIAGES.

At the end of the game I complained to my enemy player... he didnt seem to
believe.

Though this replay is very clear:

I also later tested it against a easy CPU ai and indeed the bridges cannot
be destroyed by Calliopes !

It's ****ing LAME and it kinda annoys me:

I was testing out this brilliant new strategy and now it got ruined by this
bug !

****ING RELIC YOU SUCK.

Or in case the map creator did it on intention YOU SUCK TOO.

The lameness if over the richter scale.

Also the same game DOES SHOW on a single nebelwerfer is capable of
destroying a bridge with one shot.

I also write this on USENET cause the LAMERS AT RELIC BANNED ME MULTIPLE
TIMES FROM THEIR LAME FORUMS.

**** THEM and their **** GAMES WITH **** BUGS ! LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 27th 13, 03:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

There was actually a second bug in the game.

I put the sniper very close to the bridge but it refused to fire on the
pioneer.

Very strange.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 27th 13, 03:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

I had to manually order the sniper to fire.. distracting me a bit/delaying
my sniper... losing my pershing... and his bridge was faster repaired
because of it... all little details adding to his already big adventage of
an indestructable bridge by calliopes..

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 27th 13, 03:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Oh actually there was a third bug in this game... also really weird.

The enemy was complaining that he didnt get pioneers after I downed his HQ.

I saw the replay... he was correct he only got volks ?!?

WTF ?!?

Later on it worked again.

Really strange.

Bye,
Skybuck.
Old September 27th 13, 04:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Oh actually there was a 4th bug.

When I was near his HQ my engineers got out... but seemed to get stuck
couldnt move... one was planting dynamite.

But had to move truck this cancelled it and had to be redone.

This also gave him a little adventage possibly, maybe the truck could have
been repaired but probably not.

But his kernkraft center probably stayed up because of it... a few seconds
late with demo charge.

They guy also had some luck here and there...

I also had some luck here and there so...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 27th 13, 04:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

And possibly even a 5th bug... though this one I have seen before...

Tried to take an at gun with rifflemen behind the tiger tank... but it never
took the at gun.

Not that it mattered much... but still.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 27th 13, 04:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

Plus what was also unusual is the gates near the ammo, a truck has to first
drive through it... very strange map design.

Though the flags were different than in the 2 v 2 version so that was fun.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old September 27th 13, 04:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.games.development.design
Skybuck Flying[_7_]

I wonder if the bridges can be destroyed in the 2 v 2 version with
calliopes... I wonder... I also wonder about for example the scheldt... I am
pretty sure that bridges can usually be destroyed with calliopes/rocket
tanks.

Perhaps the 2v2 lyon version is the fixed version of the buggy lyon 1v1...
the 2v2 doesn't have the gate issue as far as I can recall

Bye,
Skybuck.