Matrox DirectX 9 card ?

Old July 3rd 04, 12:08 AM
Rob K

Default Matrox DirectX 9 card ?

Does anyone know if there are plans for matrox to release a video card
that has hardware DirectX 9.x support? I seem to remember that the
Parhelia was originally advertised this way, but for some reason, was
pushed back to DirectX 8.1.

I am getting my current information regarding supported DirectX
versions at:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/c...s_parhelia.cfm

(And please no responses about how DirectX 8.x cards are "mostly
compatible with DirectX 9.x technology"... I've seen that "answer"
everywhere else I've looked, thanks!)
Old July 3rd 04, 03:13 AM
Tod

I've been a fan of Matrox for over 5 years, but for Direct X 9,
get an ATI card, my ATI 9600 works great.

om...

Old July 4th 04, 10:57 PM
Rob K

Haha...so in other words: no, you don't know what Matrox has planned.

Personally, I am biased against ATI after having had way too many bad
experiences with their software. (Specifically, their "MMC" program.)
It must be too hard for them to make quality a serious priority, with
the way they're trying to push a new video card out to market every
month or so (it seems).

"Tod" wrote in message news:oDoFc.16687$Oq2.15762@attbi_s52...
I've been a fan of Matrox for over 5 years, but for Direct X 9,
get an ATI card, my ATI 9600 works great.

om...

Old July 5th 04, 04:06 AM
Tod

I've used a Matrox Myst. and G400 (still use the G400 in an older Win 98SE
system)
Also a Voodoo 5, currently using an ATI 9600 PRO AIW (cat 4.6), works great
for me.
Matrox (in my option) sells to a limited market of "Ultimate 2D professional
systems"
It seems that Matrox is letting ATI/Nvidia slug it out on the mass gaming
market.

om...

"Tod" wrote in message

I've been a fan of Matrox for over 5 years, but for Direct X 9,
get an ATI card, my ATI 9600 works great.

om...