Anyone Playing Sims2??

Old October 4th 04, 02:02 AM
R Green

Default Anyone Playing Sims2??

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get Sims2 to show up properly,
graphically...

I can install it and start it up, but I can't seem to view the game play.
Music in the Sims2 gameplay seems to be working fine. After it finishes
"town" or "neighborhood" that you choose. I've updated my Video driver for
my Leadtek GeForce Fx5700 256MB DDR card on my P4 3.0e GHz 1GB DDR Ram
computer. I've also emailed EA tech support (the game maker) and they
suggested that I upgrade my VIA chipset driver. That's done and nothing...

Anyone else playing Sims2 and having problems seeing the gameplay? I can
see the intro for Sims2 with no problems. The game just won't load.
Argggg!

--
R Green
----------------------

Old October 4th 04, 02:23 AM
Ron

"R Green" wrote in message
[...]

Playing fine here on P4 2.4Ghz, 1GB PC3200, ATI 9600XT, WinXP Pro SP1. Also
playing well on my daughter's 2.4 Celeron, 512MB PC2700, Nvidia FX5600
128Mb, XP Pro SP1 as well. You did install DX 9.0c, didn't you?

Ron

Old October 4th 04, 02:14 PM
Chingy

Are you sure you are not playing through backup discs?

if yes you could also try some edited *.exe to load the game without cd's
that sometimes cause this sorta problem 'cos of cd copy protection codes.

Old October 5th 04, 03:53 AM
R Green

What??? BOTH my CD rom and DVD rom are crap in another words?! No waaaay!

And yes, I made sure the DX9.0c was installed and I'm playing via legit CDs.

--
R Green
----------------------

"R Green" wrote in message
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get Sims2 to show up properly,
graphically...

I can install it and start it up, but I can't seem to view the game

play.
Music in the Sims2 gameplay seems to be working fine. After it

finishes

actual

Old October 5th 04, 08:57 PM
Stevo

There have been reports of problems with the security of the CD's, I have
read aboutthis on the Sims 2 Websaite forums. Check those out first, the
answer may be no CD cracks I'm afraid - of course EA will never release such
a thing, even though customers are finding their products unuseable.

Old October 5th 04, 10:42 PM
CapFusion

I am not sure if this is correct but most older CDROM or DVDROM player may
not work too good or have problem. Therefore reading and or installing from
a CD may have issue.

CapFusion,...

Old October 6th 04, 03:13 AM
R Green

I just bought my system two months' ago so, my CDrom or DVDrom drive is not
the issue, other than of course some stupid thing that EA implemented to
prevent people from burning their CD... my CDrom drive is a burner so that
may be a problem?

Can't imagine why my DVDrom wouldn't work though???? THEY'RE BLOODY NEW!

--
R Green
----------------------
news

Old October 6th 04, 04:08 AM
PRIVATE1964

I just bought my system two months' ago so, my CDrom or DVDrom drive is not
the issue, other than of course some stupid thing that EA implemented to
prevent people from burning their CD... my CDrom drive is a burner so that
may be a problem?

Can't imagine why my DVDrom wouldn't work though???? THEY'RE BLOODY NEW!

Ok let me try explaining something. Do you realize just how accurate the laser
has to be to read CD's or DVD's? If the calibration of that laser is off just a
hair it won't work correctly. If the drive has ever been banged around it could
mess up the alignment of the laser.

That calibration can be messed up by a dirt, scratches, laser out of alignment,
bad CD or DVD...etc.

Also CD's or DVD's written by one drive might not be able to be read by another
drive if the calibration between the two drives is off even slightly.

I have seen that happen with floppy drives even though they are magnetic.
Two PC's can read and write the floppies they make, but not if you try sharing
the floppies.
A laser is has to be more accurate then a magnetic drive.

I don't know which version of the game you bought, but you might want to try
the other version whatever that is. If the same thing problem happens with the
different version then I would say you have a problem with your drive.
One version of the game is DVD and the other is CDROM so they don't get written
in the same way. A DVD laser has to be more accurate then a CDROM laser.