Longest Graphics Card Warranty!

Old August 3rd 04, 05:35 PM
CapFusion

"Steven K" wrote in message
news

http://www.bfgtech.com/tech_redux.html#lifetime

This link explains what they call lifetime warranty - however, the
conditions applied leave the enough opportunities to refuse a warranty
claim.

Interesting warranty concept. I guess the original purchaser only valid for
warranty. But still, I do not think they can warranty that long as
'lifetime". Some chipset will be discontinue from the chipset manufacturer,
there no way they can get it to repair / replace that old card. I guess the
only way they can honor that claim if they replace with another different
card. But this mean, it is not warranty of the same original product so the
new replacement of that product will not reflect the lifetime warranty....?

CapFusion,...

Old August 4th 04, 12:10 AM
Cobbler

In all likeliness, you would probably replace the card with a newer one to
play the latest games before it dies anyway.
I have never had a graphics card die on me in all my gaming life. I even
remember adding extra memory to my old mach64 card and never had trouble
with it.
On another note, I read in pcformat i think that BGF Tech only use top
quality components on their boards which is why they are able to sell their
card overclocked out of the box.
I have overclocked mine even more to 6800 ultra levels and i have no trouble
at all.

Cobbler

"Phil" wrote in message
m...
"Cobbler" wrote in message news:VDwPc.483
Well my BFG 6800 GT OC is guaranteed for life.

Cobbler

Hi,

Quite a few graphic cards that "guaranteed for life" but could someone
please explain what is "guaranteed for life" consider as:

1) "Life" here is as long as I live, I don't need to buy another video
to replace this "life time guarantted" one (if it break).

2) "Life" is the life of the company - as long as the company is in
business.

3) "Life" is the life circle of the current model of the video (2-3
years most).

Old August 4th 04, 01:16 AM
First of One

BFG is founded by exiled Visiontek execs whose company went under due to
improper accounting practices...

This is why Visiontek now produces ATi cards, when it used to have a close
relationship with nVidia (made all of nVidia's reference boards).

"Gnu_Raiz" wrote in message
om...
Thats good to know, but the only problem is, I have not heard about
BFG Tech, will they be here in say 4 years. I did check their site
out and they seem to be very serious about their warranty, but if they
are not arround in the future what good is their warranty?

Gnu_Raiz

Old August 4th 04, 10:10 AM
GT-Force

"Cobbler" wrote in message
In all likeliness, you would probably replace the card with a newer one to
play the latest games before it dies anyway.
I have never had a graphics card die on me in all my gaming life. I even
remember adding extra memory to my old mach64 card and never had trouble
with it.
Cobbler

Sub-subject: Doom3 is 6800 Ultra Extreme killer!

Read the 4th paragraph he

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2146&p=3

This is why you may need a good campany giving you good warranty

GT