Seeking Biostar Bios Chip Info (M6TBA 1.4)

Old May 24th 04, 12:11 AM
RusH

Default Seeking Biostar Bios Chip Info (M6TBA 1.4)

George wrote :

Hi I've got a couple PII boards, which I foolishly removed the bios
chips on. I've probably still got the chips, but can't figure out
which goes to what. I have the bios file and an external programmer.

If anyone has an M6TBA ver 1.4, could you let me know what the exact
type of 32 pin chip is that they use.

please reply in the newsgroup

Thanks a lot!
George

PS- The other biosless board is a Shuttle Hot661, but I see they have
their own group. I'll go ask over there unless someone knows that one
too.

ordinary eprom is fine

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH //
http://pulse.pdi.net/~rush/qv30/
Old May 24th 04, 07:03 PM
RusH

George wrote :

On Sun, 23 May 2004 23:11:36 +0000 (UTC), RusH
wrote:
ordinary eprom is fine
Pozdrawiam.

RusH,

Thanks! Assuming this is for the Biostar, do you mean *not* a flash
chip, but an actual (UV type) EPROM?

yes, the only difference between the two will be "unknown flash"
message when booting

I don't think any of the ones
I've dealt with go up that far in capacity, but I'll look into it.

The
bios file itself looks to be 256k.

When I looked at flash chip pinouts a while back, not only were there
a variety of programming voltages, but the pin configurations were

way
different from one brand to the next.

pins are fine after you flash it in the programmer, alternativelly you
can take any flash chip from broken board and flash it with 'uniflash'
with the hotswap trick

Pozdrawiam.
--
RusH //