to Arthur Entlich

Old May 3rd 08, 11:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
glathrem

Default to Arthur Entlich

Hi Sir. You appear to be one of the more informed persons here. Do you have
any info about resetting the waste ink counter on a canon MP180? I've seen
several procedures but none specific to this model. I don't need it yet but
want to be prepared when I do. I've sucessfully done it on a couple
different (older) epsons using the russian utility program. (be careful
where you get that - one site tried to give me a trojan) There's nothing
like that for the Canon. Is there? I can physically replace the pads myself
if necessary but it wont do any good without knowing the reset procedure.

Update for all on the dollar store ink - Still pretty and working without a
problem. It occurs to me that if a pic is faded in a few years I will just
print it again! LOL. It costs next to nothing. and our resident troll here
can bite me!

Old May 3rd 08, 01:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jan Alter

.. .

http://slayo.com/mptool-for-mp150-mp...0-mp450-mp460/

--
Jan Alter

or

Old May 3rd 08, 03:36 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

glathrem wrote:
Hi Sir. You appear to be one of the more informed persons here. Do you have
any info about resetting the waste ink counter on a canon MP180? I've seen
several procedures but none specific to this model. I don't need it yet but
want to be prepared when I do. I've sucessfully done it on a couple
different (older) epsons using the russian utility program. (be careful
where you get that - one site tried to give me a trojan) There's nothing
like that for the Canon. Is there? I can physically replace the pads myself
if necessary but it wont do any good without knowing the reset procedure.

Update for all on the dollar store ink - Still pretty and working without a
problem. It occurs to me that

if a pic is faded in a few years I will just
print it again!

That translates into the quality of the non recommended ink is not as
good as Canon but spending less money appeals to me more than quality.
LOL. It costs next to nothing. and our resident troll here
can bite me!

And that statement means that the poster is too pig headed to admit he
want to accept lower quality to spend less money. Totally illogical.

Old May 3rd 08, 10:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Al Bundy

On May 3, 6:15 am, "glathrem" wrote:
Hi Sir. You appear to be one of the more informed persons here. Do you have
any info about resetting the waste ink counter on a canon MP180? I've seen
several procedures but none specific to this model. I don't need it yet but
want to be prepared when I do. I've sucessfully done it on a couple
different (older) epsons using the russian utility program. (be careful
where you get that - one site tried to give me a trojan) There's nothing
like that for the Canon. Is there? I can physically replace the pads myself
if necessary but it wont do any good without knowing the reset procedure.

Update for all on the dollar store ink - Still pretty and working without a
problem. It occurs to me that if a pic is faded in a few years I will just
print it again! LOL. It costs next to nothing. and our resident troll here
can bite me!

I still have a quart of that dollar store ink sold in one 25ml
containers. It has performed flawlessly in a number of Canon and HP
printers. I have some enlarged pictures in the four foot range that
have been exposed to light from day one and still look good years
later. My only problem has been availability. If I ever see it on the
shelf again, I will purchase the complete stock.
Old May 4th 08, 02:45 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Al Bundy wrote:

[...]

This is a joke.  To get a decent print that large you need an $8000
canon 1DsMKII and I doubt if you would have that kind of money.  You probably would need a Canon IPF 6100 and nobody other than Canon makes ink for that printer.  I think you are lying.

I would throw the ink down the toilet.

Old May 4th 08, 10:25 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
glathrem

Quart? Wow, I could only get 3oz bottles. Still a great deal. There is
nothing lower quality about it at all. The yellow matches the original canon
better than the more expensive jet-tec refills. I'm not using any
adjustments to the canon driver at all except to set it to none. No clogs
and no fading yet.

Old May 4th 08, 11:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Al Bundy

On May 3, 9:45 pm, measekite wrote:
Al Bundy wrote:On May 3, 6:15 am, wrote:Hi Sir. You appear to be one of the more informed persons here. Do you have any info about resetting the waste ink counter on a canon MP180? I've seen several procedures but none specific to this model. I don't need it yet but want to be prepared when I do. I've sucessfully done it on a couple different (older) epsons using the russian utility program. (be careful where you get that - one site tried to give me a trojan) There's nothing like that for the Canon. Is there? I can physically replace the pads myself if necessary but it wont do any good without knowing the reset procedure. Update for all on the dollar store ink - Still pretty and working without a problem. It occurs to me that if a pic is faded in a few years I will just print it again! LOL. It costs next to nothing. and our resident troll here can bite me!I still have a quart of that dollar store ink sold in one 25ml containers. It has performed flawlessly in a number of Canon and HP printers. I have some enlarged pictures in the four foot rangeThis is a joke. To get a decent print that large you need an $8000
canon 1DsMKII and I doubt if you would have that kind of money. You probably would need a Canon IPF 6100 and nobody other than Canon makes ink for that printer. I think you are lying.
I would throw the ink down the toilet.that have been exposed to light from day one and still look good years later. My only problem has been availability. If I ever see it on the shelf again, I will purchase the complete stock..

With a brain one can use a software program to print large photos in
sections and paste them together. You really don't know what I do or
can afford, but you would be correct that I don't waste money on ink
or printers.
Old May 4th 08, 04:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

glathrem wrote:

Quart? Wow, I could only get 3oz bottles. Still a great deal. There is nothing lower quality

Your expectations and standards are too low.

about it at all. The yellow matches the original canon better than the more expensive jet-tec refills. I'm not using any adjustments to the canon driver at all except to set it to none. No clogs and no fading yet.

Wait, it will not be long.

Ping Arthur Entlich Ed Weber Printers 8 April 5th 10 11:50 AM
Arthur Entlich [email protected] Printers 16 February 6th 06 12:30 PM
ARTHUR ENTLICH - NEW EMAIL ADDRESS Arthur Entlich Printers 35 May 4th 05 05:29 AM
Arthur Entlich A. Allen Printers 6 September 23rd 04 05:16 AM
Ping Arthur Entlich, lint from paper towels, cotton swabs, & printer cleaning Bill Haught Printers 5 September 10th 04 10:46 AM