Xerox Phaser 1235 makes odd noise and scratches on the paper

Old December 19th 03, 06:02 PM
Jonas Weinen

Default Xerox Phaser 1235 makes odd noise and scratches on the paper

Hi everybody!

I have a problem with a Phaser 1235. A few days ago it started making
a noise that sounds like a fan not running well (I had CPU or power
supply fans that made a similar noise). I located the source of that
noise in the core of the printer, in that "black box" underneath the
transportation belt. If you press on that black surface, the noise
changes somehow. However, I had no success in getting access to the
inner parts of the printer. In addition, I noticed that there are
scratches or stripes on the printed paper, almost invisible in white
areas, but annoying in printed areas.

Has anyone had a similar problem or knows how to disassemble [correct
word?] the printer or ever better has a service manual that describes
how to repair it?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Jonas

--
Jonas Weinen
Universitaet zu Koeln

Old December 24th 03, 01:26 PM
Andre

Hi Jonas,
It may be the high voltage fan that is noisy.
Stripes may be caused by dirty print head or old drums.

Print the service test prints and if the stripe is only
in one color then it's the drum of that color.

I just want to caution you that taking the Phaser 1235
to replace that fan is not an easy task and unless you are very
comfortable with taking apart complex electronic equipment I advise
against it. Generally I would say that taking these printers apart is
asking for trouble because some wire routing are very critical and
when reassembling the frame you have to be very careful about the
high voltage contacts because you could end up with a non functional
printers
or you could be missing one of the primary color ...

In short you may be better off to leave it to someone who has done this
before ! Besides if he messes up then he's responsible to get your printer
fixed...

Just my 2 cents...
Andre

om...

Old December 24th 03, 03:04 PM
FF

This service manual is available for $ 10.50 payable thru Paypal to
this email address: . After I receive paypal
confirmation, I will send a link to you in email for you to download
the file to your computer. Paypal usually confirms payment within 5
minutes.
You will have your manual(s) within 8 hours, usually within 1 hour.

Regards;

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 08:26:27 -0500, "Andre"
babbled:

-
[...]
. com...
- Hi everybody!
[...]