Would you choose geforceFX5900 or ATI Radeon 9800?

Old December 12th 03, 12:42 AM
Luke Piasecki

Default Would you choose geforceFX5900 or ATI Radeon 9800?

Since these two are the same price, I'm trying to make final decisions.
Any info and comparisons appreciated.

Thank you,
Luke

Old December 12th 03, 12:51 AM
Courseyauto

The 5900,thats the one i bought.
Old December 12th 03, 08:49 AM
Red Dolphin

Courseyauto wrote:
The 5900,thats the one i bought.

5900 !

Old December 12th 03, 09:32 AM
Darthy

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 00:42:03 GMT, "Luke Piasecki"
wrote:

Since these two are the same price, I'm trying to make final decisions.
Any info and comparisons appreciated.

Its a toss up... read he

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030714/index.html

I'd go for the MSI brand 5900... its sweet.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old December 12th 03, 10:45 AM
Lenny

Since these two are the same price, I'm trying to make final decisions.

9800 has better antialiasing (way better), and greatly superior pixel
shading performance.

Go ATi.

Old December 12th 03, 11:20 AM
Courseyauto

Since these two are the same price, I'm trying to make final decisions.

9800 has better antialiasing (way better), and greatly superior pixel
shading performance.

Go ATi.

Yea but the Gainward ULTRA 1200 FX 5900 with 400/850 clocks will OC to
475/950 and looks way cooler than the ATI and is only $229 at New Egg. DOUG
Old December 12th 03, 12:54 PM
Dark Avenger

"Luke Piasecki" wrote in message able.rogers.com...
Since these two are the same price, I'm trying to make final decisions.
Any info and comparisons appreciated.

Thank you,
Luke

Mwah, they are both interresting cards....

Both can perform great! Though.. the 9800 has proven ( in benchmarks,
real game tests, and real game benchmarks ) to be a tad faster, I
guess price is the most interresting point to look at!

Since I heard the 5900 can be found for less as 200 dollar ( you then
get a non pro ) It's a good price for the card. Then again, the 9800
Non Pro is also rather cheap.

Both cards are fast, ... I personly like Ati better, anti-aliasing is
nice and better worked out. But... some effects don't get really good
drawns on the other hands.. then again...

See both cards have their pro's and cons... and the choice is yours!
Old December 12th 03, 03:47 PM
Lenny

Yea but the Gainward ULTRA 1200 FX 5900 with 400/850 clocks will OC to
475/950

You can't be certain of that.

and looks way cooler than the ATI

Anyone who selects his vid card based on the way it LOOKS is ghey. Period.

and is only $229 at New Egg.

They don't sell internationally, so unless you're a US resident you're
pretty much scroowd.

Old December 13th 03, 12:40 AM
Derek Wildstar

"Luke Piasecki" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
Since these two are the same price, I'm trying to make final decisions.
Any info and comparisons appreciated.

Thank you,
Luke

Buy the card that will run your preferred applications best, in your budget.
Find that out before you make a purchase.