ECC for P4C800-E Deluxe

Old December 4th 03, 07:03 PM
Jim Mc

Default ECC for P4C800-E Deluxe

Anyone using ECC on this board? If so, what brand, part numbers? I
need 1GB in two 512MB modules. Stability of the system is utmost.
Will not be overclocked.

Old December 5th 03, 12:11 AM
ctk

Jim-

I'm using Kingston KVR400X72C3A/512, purchased from newegg.com (highly
recommended retailer). Also look at CT6472Z40B from crucial.com. I swear
by ECC RAM in desktop computers. It really does make them more stable. By
the way, my new system uses an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe board w/ twin Seagate
S-ATA 160 GB drives setup as RAID1 with the onboard Intel RAID controller.

I hope this helps.

-Charlie Kopp
-mpi computer services
-Seattle

Old December 6th 03, 04:34 AM
Jim Mc

Thanks. I'll also be using a 160 GB SATA drive, though probably not
in RAID1. Why did you select the Seagate? I've been debating between
Maxtor, WD and Seagate for the drive.

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:11:19 -0800, "ctk"
wrote:

Jim-

I'm using Kingston KVR400X72C3A/512, purchased from newegg.com (highly
recommended retailer). Also look at CT6472Z40B from crucial.com. I swear
by ECC RAM in desktop computers. It really does make them more stable. By
the way, my new system uses an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe board w/ twin Seagate
S-ATA 160 GB drives setup as RAID1 with the onboard Intel RAID controller.

I hope this helps.

-Charlie Kopp
-mpi computer services
-Seattle