A7N8X & PNY GF FX 5200 ultra wierd screen tearing

Old July 11th 03, 07:10 PM
BNR

Default A7N8X & PNY GF FX 5200 ultra wierd screen tearing

I cannot say if returning it will help you or not. But I had this same
problem. I threw out the driver CD that was in the box.. I made
another(actually I made a 128M USB JumpDrive, its cheaper and faster than a
burner, and more portable) with their latest v44.03 and its works fine. I
think they just came out with another driver, on 7/9/03. I don't know what
driver was on the original driver CD, but man it tore my screen to pieces,
too. Worst thing I ever saw. I bought mine from Walmart and they don't
take back Electronics, per say. I could always throw a fit tho, they take
it back when you turn red with rage. But I wanna keep my reputation up with
their manager, she's pretty. They hire alot of peeps in this small town.
Never know..

Save yourself a few bucks in shipping and try the latest driver, from
pny.com. If you cannot restore the display back to default video adapter,
because of all the tearing, try booting into safemode and doing it.

Incidently, I am using that video card with much enjoyment. I modified its
heat signature, voiding the warranty of course. LOL! Are you interested in
hearing my modifications, I don't wanna sabotage your thread. That's a good
card for folks on a fixed income.

Hang in there,
Brad
--
DO NOT OPEN MY ATTACHMENTS!

aka: Huntnpecker on ABXzone - Intel Chipsets forum:
http://www.abxzone.com/forums/