Asus A7V8X problems

Old August 7th 03, 06:20 PM

Default Asus A7V8X problems

Could be power supply. Does the PS fan spin? Also, for around $13.00 you can
pickup an ATX PS tester. Also, if you are handy with a multimeter, you can
test the 12v, 5v, and 3.3v lines. I would definately eliminate the PS as the
source of your problem before moving on to the motherboard.

Hope this helps,

D.

"Lenny" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm helping a friend build a PC. I've built a couple before, and I am
almost positive this is a bad mobo, but I wanted to run this by here

before
he RMA'd it.

It won't power up. No fans spinning at all. The green LED on this mobo

is
on (good), as well as the red RED (bad - means a 3.3v AGP card in the

slot,
which is only 1.5v). However, the video card is a GF4Ti4200, which is a
1.5v card. Therefore, I don't see why the stupid red light is on. I even
took the video card out, and only had RAM, CPU plugged in, hoping the
computer would at least power up and give a beep error code. No, that
damned red light is still on. I'm sure the ATX power jumper is set
correctly (unless ASUS drew the diagram incorrectly). I don't think a
backwards HDD LED or backwards speaker/power/reset jumper would matter.

Any ideas?

- Lenny

Old August 7th 03, 07:10 PM
Lenny

It took ASUS less than 2 minutes to tell us that we had a bad motherboard.
I guess the red LED being on without the video card even plugged in was a
dead giveaway. The PS is high quality, I doubt its bad, and the mobo was
receiving power anyways (just refusing to switch on). We're going to try
the new kt600 board.