weird problem?

Old February 21st 04, 12:34 AM
Alex

Default weird problem?

Anyone come across this sort of thing before? Processor is Prime95 /
memtest stable. Runs perfect in normal windows applications. When the
graphics start to get a little more intense it becomes a little less stable
(got a nice habit of BSOD'ing). Latest drivers on everything. Card isn't
o/c'd at all, agp is at stock frequency. Any ideas?

Barton 2500 @ 3200 (11x200) @ 1.7 something volts (runs at 47 degrees
flat out, case temp of 28)
NF7-S v.2.
GeForce 5200 128meg - anyone wanna shout me a nice 9800 XT? :-p
512 Twinmos pc3200

Cheers,
Alex

Old February 21st 04, 12:14 PM
Nico

Raise your VCore until the problem goes away.

My vcore is set at 1.85v. If you go higher than 1.85v it isn't any healthty
anymore for your cpu.

Old February 23rd 04, 09:05 PM
Ben Pope

Nico wrote:
Raise your VCore until the problem goes away.

Or you melt your chip. (actually thermal shutdown should occur before
this).

My vcore is set at 1.85v. If you go higher than 1.85v it isn't any
healthty anymore for your cpu.

It's not voltage that kills CPUs it's heat, so maybe you should suggest a
maximum temperature, not a maximum voltage, which would give wildly varying
temperatures depending on the cooling solution and ambient temps.

Ben