BEst freeware OCR software?

Old July 31st 06, 06:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
MG

Default BEst freeware OCR software?

Hi

What is considered as the best freely available OCR software
currently and from which site ??

Thanks

MG
Old August 1st 06, 01:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
CSM1

"MG" wrote in message
Hi

What is considered as the best freely available OCR software
currently and from which site ??

Thanks

MG

There is only one 'free' OCR software.
http://www.simpleocr.com/

But freely available is Abby and Nuance OCR. You do have to pay for them,
but they are the best OCR software available. Windows and Mac versions.

http://www.abbyy.com/finereader_ocr/

http://www.nuance.com/omnipage/

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Old August 24th 06, 03:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Sylvia M

CSM1 wrote:
"MG" wrote in message
Hi

What is considered as the best freely available OCR software
currently and from which site ??

Thanks

MG

There is only one 'free' OCR software.
http://www.simpleocr.com/

But freely available is Abby and Nuance OCR. You do have to pay for
them, but they are the best OCR software available. Windows and Mac
versions.
http://www.abbyy.com/finereader_ocr/

http://www.nuance.com/omnipage/

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

If you hit on 'download at Abby, you can download a free trial of version 8.
Almost a year ago, they were offering free downloads of version 4, and
that's working
just fine for me.

Sylvia M.

Old September 16th 06, 06:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Tom

I admit I not answering your question for free OCR software, but there is a
much much vastly improved OCR software. It's Readiris Pro 11. I couldn't
believe my eyes on the success rate of over 99%, even with text underlined
with pencil. I liked it so much that I bought it. I believe their website
has a free trial version. You won't regret it.

Tom