Asus A7V8X And XP2500 Addition to my last post

Old October 6th 03, 12:02 AM
Derek Tweedie

Default Asus A7V8X And XP2500 Addition to my last post

Further to my last post

ME/BE
ASUS Ivax Deluxe XP2500 180 FSB 12.5x

I have run AIDA32 which gives the following reading

Sensor Properties

Sensor Type Asus ASB100 Bach
Sensor Access SMBus 2Dh

Temperatures
Motherboard 25 °C (77 °F) - Room temp is 21°C
CPU 53 °C (127 °F)
CPU Diode 59 °C (138 °F)
Aux 14 °C (57 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 5315 RPM

Voltage Values
CPU Core 1.66 V
CPU Aux 1.66 V
+3.3 V 3.26 V
+5 V 4.89 V
+12 V 13.06 V
-12 V -12.97 V
-5 V -4.91 V

This corresponds to the BIOS readings when I enter it and read it on boot
up.

Now I have bought one of those front bay thingies (with the USB 1394 ports
audio in/out etc) and it has a temperature gauge on it, the sensor for this
gauge is on a piece of wire and I have placed the wire on the CPU,right next
to the point where the CPU touches the heatsink.

with the above readings the temperature reading on the display of the front
bay says 42 °C -

Which reading is correct? surely there cant be that much discrepancy between
the diode on the cpu and the one i have stuck on to the processor myself.
Which one should I believe? I have even felt the heatsink whilst the
computer is on and it is hardly warm to the touch, suggesting that it is no
way near 53 °C as this would be hot to the touch.

I have checked this diode (on the front bay) against a mercury thermometer
and its about right

Old October 7th 03, 11:36 AM
Minotaur

Derek Tweedie wrote:
[...]

The CPU Diode temp is correct, if that's 59C at idle I would be worried.
What kind of heatsink do you have? 1.66VCore shouldn't get anywhere near
59C at idle. Ambient temp is the same here, but VCore is 1.8 (1.82apx in
MBM)and manages 32-40C when idle.

Old October 7th 03, 09:46 PM
Derek Tweedie

"Minotaur" wrote in message
Derek Tweedie wrote:
[...]

I have a Zalman Cooler (the huge copper fan one) My system temp is now at
64°C (its gone
up) Idle Checking with AMD's website This is within acceptable limits for
the xp3200.
Plus I have spoken to the tech support guy at www.quitepc.com (UK) and he
said not
to worry at anything below 70°C! If these temps were correct then surely my
PC case
would be roasting but it is only warm to the touch. Even the case where the
motherboard is
mounted directly behind the CPU is only slightly warm to the touch.
I have installed MBM 5 and it says my cpu is 72°C under normal load but when
reboot and enter the bios immediately the temp of the CPU is 61°C
I am concerned though at all the people saying how their systems are sub
50°C
How can I reduce the TEMP of my system or is my system telling lies?