EVGA, Pine (XFX) and Albatron geForce FX 5900? Ok brands?

Old December 12th 03, 04:45 AM
Luke Piasecki

Default EVGA, Pine (XFX) and Albatron geForce FX 5900? Ok brands?

I'm not willing to spend 1.5 times for MSI or Asus just for the name. I'v
elooked into BFG but my supplier doens't have those.
What do you thing of Pine, EVGA or Albatron?
They are cheaper than Asus and MSI. But the question is are they any
different? Less reliable? Louder?

Thank you,
luke

Old December 12th 03, 06:58 AM
John Lewis

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 04:45:47 GMT, "Luke Piasecki"
wrote:

I'm not willing to spend 1.5 times for MSI or Asus just for the name. I'v
elooked into BFG but my supplier doens't have those.
What do you thing of Pine, EVGA or Albatron?
They are cheaper than Asus and MSI. But the question is are they any
different? Less reliable? Louder?

Thank you,
luke

eVGA seems fine.

I have a eVGA 5900 128Meg ( nVidia reference design ). Quieter than my

CPU fan, which is quiet anyway ( Zalman CNPS7000A heatsink/fan).
Very pleased. Overclocks nicely to Ultra speed ( YMMV, of course).
The eVGA requires a double-slot width, which is OK by me, since
I avoid filling PCI slot 1 due to the interrupt-sharing limitation.
Helps with the cooling too. My GPU never goes above 65 degrees C,
overclocked and maximally applications-stretched.

John Lewis
Old December 12th 03, 11:31 AM
Bigguy

I have built 3 systems with XFX GeForce 4 Ti 4200 cards - no probs... work
as well as any other GF4.
Later XFX card had a v.nice RAMsink/fan assembly.
Very good value.

Guy

Old December 12th 03, 11:03 PM
Shep©

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:31:36 GMT Singing Yo-Ho-Ho and a Merry KMA
"Bigguy" wrote :

I have built 3 systems with XFX GeForce 4 Ti 4200 cards - no probs... work
as well as any other GF4.
Later XFX card had a v.nice RAMsink/fan assembly.
Very good value.

Guy

I'm still running a,"Pine-XFX" G3 Ti200 and have never had a single
problem with it.Excellent budget cards IMHO.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de