GeForce PCX 5300 universal capture card drivers.

Old November 3rd 05, 04:24 AM
4rlane

Default GeForce PCX 5300 universal capture card drivers.

I have a Medion 5100 MCE PC with the above card and a Haupage TV card
and am trying to capture S-video and TV using Movie Maker and Cyberlink
PowerDirector, PowerProducer software.
Problems: Although the original bundled PowerProducer Gold and an OEM
copy of PowerDirector 3 DE captured video via the two cards none of the
upgraded Cyberlink programs (PowerDirector 4, PowerProducer 3) capture
from the nVidia card but capture TV ok from the Haupage card whereas
PowerDirector 3 DE recognizes the Haupage TV card but does not capture
from it and Movie Maker doesn't even list the TV card as an available
video source.
The nVidia driver is 6.14.0010.6135 and the Hauppauge driver is
5.03.2600.2180 as obtained from DxDiag.txt. PowerDirector 3 DE captured
and edited S-video from my old hi-8 Canon very well but I hoped to
enploy the more advanced features of Cyberlink's full versions. I could
use either PowerDirector 3 DE or MovieMaker to capture the video as
either a .mpeg3 or .wmv file then import the file to PowerDirector 4
for editing and DVD burning but that is so clumsy!
Cyberlink suggest I update the drivers and I tried later drivers from
nVidia download site but these didn't capture at all so I "rolled back"
to the original drivers.
What to do? Abandon the Cyberlink software in favor of Pinnacle or
Adobe?
Dick