Attaching the Power LED cable

Old December 23rd 04, 12:02 PM
?

Default Attaching the Power LED cable

I'm trying to attach the power led cable from my pc case to the m/b. The
end of the cable has two holes like this [o|o] , but the motherboard
connector has three prongs kinda like this [.|.|.] . One prongs I need to
stick into the led cable are the one's on the ends and so my led cable won't
fit. Hope this makes sense. Can you buy an adapter for this, or do you
have to cut the cable and attach it the correct prongs?

Thanks

Old December 24th 04, 02:26 AM
Grinder

? wrote:
I'm trying to attach the power led cable from my pc case to the m/b. The
end of the cable has two holes like this [o|o] , but the motherboard
connector has three prongs kinda like this [.|.|.] . One prongs I need to
stick into the led cable are the one's on the ends and so my led cable won't
fit. Hope this makes sense. Can you buy an adapter for this, or do you
have to cut the cable and attach it the correct prongs?

That seems like an odd arrangment. You've confirmed that pinout in a
manual for your motherboard?
Old December 24th 04, 03:14 AM
kony

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:02:45 -0000, "?"
wrote:

I'm trying to attach the power led cable from my pc case to the m/b. The
end of the cable has two holes like this [o|o] , but the motherboard
connector has three prongs kinda like this [.|.|.] . One prongs I need to
stick into the led cable are the one's on the ends and so my led cable won't
fit. Hope this makes sense. Can you buy an adapter for this, or do you
have to cut the cable and attach it the correct prongs?

Thanks

Three pins, a 2-pin connector... there are only 4 possible
orientations for it, right? Try it all 4 ways, one of them
will probably work and the "wrong" ways will not do any
harm, the LED just won't light up.

Generally speaking it helps to be more specific about the
hardware, make/model/etc, or optimally even a screen capture
of the front panel header pinout stored somehwhere and
linked here. However for this particular issue it's easier
to just try the 4 combinations of connector placement.

If all else fails, go to the local mom-n-pop computer shop
and tell them you need a 3 position connector. For example,
an old abandoned AT case would have one on the speaker
leads, that you could just snip off. By using a needle or
other small/sharp instrument you can gently, barely pry up
the locking tab on the connectors to slip the wires out of
the original 2-position connector and into the "new"
connector you found at the computer shop.

SATA power cable woes MC General 2 August 27th 04 01:51 AM
basic power problem BrianBloodaxe General 19 July 26th 04 08:48 PM
Is power for Duron nealry all at 12 volts? kony General 3 April 7th 04 12:35 AM
How can I make motherboard to restart after power loss automatically? Amiran General 1 September 24th 03 11:35 PM
cutting psu wires Pen General 4 July 27th 03 07:49 PM