Help, cant print to DeskJet 890C

Old December 10th 03, 09:01 PM
Helinut

Default Help, cant print to DeskJet 890C

Carelessly, I seem to have lost the ability to print to my HP DeskJet 890C.
Been messing with setting up a network and now it doesnt work.
If I send a doc to print, the printer icon momentarily appears in the
taskbar then disappears again. If I open the printer box, there are no
documents queud!.
I went through the trouble shooting guide and can print from a command
prompt, so its not the connection or the actual printer.
Its connected to LPT 1 on my main PC and shows up in the printer folder as
online and ready to print.
Tried lots of different settings, uninstalled the printer and then
re-installed it etc and still no go, driving me crazy
please help
Regards
Helinut

Old December 10th 03, 09:11 PM
Shepİ

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:01:02 -0000 Not letting inanimate objects know
I'm a in a hurry "Helinut" wrote :

Carelessly, I seem to have lost the ability to print to my HP DeskJet 890C.
Been messing with setting up a network and now it doesnt work.
If I send a doc to print, the printer icon momentarily appears in the
taskbar then disappears again. If I open the printer box, there are no
documents queud!.
I went through the trouble shooting guide and can print from a command
prompt, so its not the connection or the actual printer.
Its connected to LPT 1 on my main PC and shows up in the printer folder as
online and ready to print.
Tried lots of different settings, uninstalled the printer and then
re-installed it etc and still no go, driving me crazy
please help
Regards
Helinut

What operating system?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de

Old December 11th 03, 12:00 AM
Shepİ

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:15:03 -0000 Not letting inanimate objects know
I'm a in a hurry "Helinut" wrote :

Oops, sorry
Windows XP Pro
.. .
I'm a in a hurry "Helinut" wrote :

[...]

Do you have a restore point you can go back to?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de
Old December 11th 03, 05:18 AM
Helinut

snip
Do you have a restore point you can go back to?

Tried that, and still no joy : (

Old December 11th 03, 07:33 PM
Shepİ

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:18:01 -0000 Not letting inanimate objects know
I'm a in a hurry "Helinut" wrote :

snip
Do you have a restore point you can go back to?

Tried that, and still no joy : (

Remove the Printer,all it's software and drivers.Clean registry with
RegscrubXP,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/freeprog.html
Re-install and then check the Printer's configuration Software either
within the printer's own software or through the Control Panel/Printer
and make sure it's setup correctly.Also visit the Support/FAQS at the
maker's site.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de
Old December 11th 03, 08:24 PM
Helinut

Thanks shep
will try the reg cleaner on your website and let you know.
The HP site is crap for on line FAQ or help.
You cant even download a stand alone driver for XP, it just tells you to use
the one embedded in XP
Regards
Helinut
"Shepİ" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:18:01 -0000 Not letting inanimate objects know

snip

Old December 11th 03, 08:57 PM
Helinut

Didnt work : (
This is really driving me nuts
Even tried deleting every reference to the printer in the registery manually
and that didnt work.
Any other things I could try?

"Helinut" wrote in message
Thanks shep
will try the reg cleaner on your website and let you know.
The HP site is crap for on line FAQ or help.
You cant even download a stand alone driver for XP, it just tells you to

use
the one embedded in XP
Regards
Helinut
"Shepİ" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:18:01 -0000 Not letting inanimate objects know

snip

Old December 11th 03, 09:58 PM
Shepİ

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 20:57:08 -0000 Not letting inanimate objects know
I'm a in a hurry "Helinut" wrote :

Didnt work : (
This is really driving me nuts
Even tried deleting every reference to the printer in the registery manually
and that didnt work.
Any other things I could try?

Repair Install of XP?

"Helinut" wrote in message
Thanks shep
will try the reg cleaner on your website and let you know.
The HP site is crap for on line FAQ or help.
You cant even download a stand alone driver for XP, it just tells you to

use
the one embedded in XP
Regards
Helinut
"Shepİ" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:18:01 -0000 Not letting inanimate objects know

snip

Old December 11th 03, 10:22 PM
Helinut

Thats the next thing to try : )
luv windoze!!
Although I have to admit to XP being the best so far

"Helinut" wrote in message
Thanks shep
will try the reg cleaner on your website and let you know.
The HP site is crap for on line FAQ or help.
You cant even download a stand alone driver for XP, it just tells you

use
the one embedded in XP
Regards
Helinut
"Shepİ" wrote in message
news On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:18:01 -0000 Not letting inanimate objects know

snip