Screen "crawling"

Old April 4th 04, 04:35 PM
Philburg2

Default Screen "crawling"

So I popped in an ATI 9700 Pro to replace my old card, install the Cat 4.3's
(I think). Go through the normal BS or restart. But now, especially when I
look at a white background, I seems like the screen crawls up and down in
thin waves almost. It seems like a refresh rate problem, but It's set at
75, and I've never seen anything like this before. Any suggestions, its
bothering the hell out of me.
-Phi

Old April 5th 04, 02:56 PM
Rick

You're probably correct about the refresh rate, but it may be more related
to the monitor than the video card (50/50). Did you run the monitor at this
resolution with the old video card? Since you're only using 75Hz, I assume
you are running at a high resolution, it would be helpful if you supplied
more details. I'd try a different (lower) resolution on my monitor for a
while just to see if that alleviates the problem.

bye, Rick

. com...

Old April 5th 04, 07:01 PM
Philburg2

It happened on two monitors, so its the card, but it only happened at 75, so
im using 85 or 72, depending on the monitor. Its weird cause it never
happened on the old card (geforce ti4400).
"Rick" wrote in message
You're probably correct about the refresh rate, but it may be more related
to the monitor than the video card (50/50). Did you run the monitor at

this
resolution with the old video card? Since you're only using 75Hz, I assume
you are running at a high resolution, it would be helpful if you supplied
more details. I'd try a different (lower) resolution on my monitor for a
while just to see if that alleviates the problem.

bye, Rick

. com...

Old April 6th 04, 05:43 PM
Rick

That is unique. I suppose you could try different driver versions. It may be
a driver instead of hardware. I haven't heard anyone else mention this
problem yet so I don't have any accurate advice. A lot of people in this
group use the third party Omega version of the ATI drivers.

Good luck, Rick

m...

"Rick" wrote in message
You're probably correct about the refresh rate, but it may be more

related
to the monitor than the video card (50/50). Did you run the monitor at

this
resolution with the old video card? Since you're only using 75Hz, I

assume
you are running at a high resolution, it would be helpful if you

supplied
more details. I'd try a different (lower) resolution on my monitor for a
while just to see if that alleviates the problem.

bye, Rick

. com...

Old April 7th 04, 02:08 PM
Andrew Reid

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 15:35:16 GMT, "Philburg2"
wrote:

So I popped in an ATI 9700 Pro to replace my old card, install the Cat 4.3's
(I think). Go through the normal BS or restart. But now, especially when I
look at a white background, I seems like the screen crawls up and down in
thin waves almost. It seems like a refresh rate problem, but It's set at
75, and I've never seen anything like this before. Any suggestions, its
bothering the hell out of me.
-Phi

Try adjusting the "Remove Moire" or similar control in the monitor
control panel.

You may not be able to completely remove the pattern but at least be
able to reduce it to a minimum.

The effect is caused by an interference pattern between the screen
pixels and the metal screen just behind the glass. The pattern will
change with resolution, so you will have to re-adjust for it again if
you change resolution in games and such.