A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » Video Cards » Ati Videocards
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Radeon 7000 with 2 monitors hangs Win XP pro

Old November 27th 03, 06:59 PM
Andrew Kidd
external usenet poster

Default Radeon 7000 with 2 monitors hangs Win XP pro

Hi,

I'm running 2 x Hansol H750 17" LCD displays from the Radeon 7000, and when I try to run media player visualisations it gets part way through a CD and hangs. It's not always the same place, sometime a few seconds in, sometimes several minutes in.

I've got a P4 2.6 GHz processor with 1Gb of memory and I wanted to run dual monitors for when I'm working with Cubase, etc, but I'm starting to wonder if the Radeon is up to the job. Win XP Pro is using the drivers it shipped with as they are newer, but should I be using other ATi drivers?

If it's a card issue, can anyone recommend another graphics card which *is* up to the job.

Thanks in advance,

Andy