PNY 5600 Ultra at Best Buy.

Old July 15th 03, 09:16 PM
Chad Pierce

Default PNY 5600 Ultra at Best Buy.

FYI

Anyone seen any.
None of stores in Indianapolis has any.
Even through the inventory shows them in stock.
And they will not give Rainchecks.

--
Chad Pierce

Old July 16th 03, 01:46 AM
Dave

I was there yesterday. I did not see the 5600U but I saw a BFG 5200 128mb
for $60 after rebate. It looked like a sweet deal.
Dave

Old July 16th 03, 04:14 AM
Ted

Beware of the Best Buy (or CompUSA) mail in rebates. I've had nothing but
trouble for the last three I have submitted.

Old July 16th 03, 05:50 AM
JBM

"Inglo" wrote in message
.com...
Ted vomited forth on 7/15/2003 8:14 PM:

Beware of the Best Buy (or CompUSA) mail in rebates. I've had nothing but
trouble for the last three I have submitted.

Is it just me or are mail in rebates the cheesiest-ass marketing b.s. in
the computer retail world. That is almost never a selling point to me,
filling out forms and mailing off something in order to get a check for
$20 in 2 months doesn't scream "what a bargain" to me.

--
"Religion is the sigh of the creature overwhelmed by misfortune, the

sentiment of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions."

Steve [Inglo]

I agree, but it must be making them money or they
wouldn't keep doing it. I wonder what percentage
buy a product and never send in the rebate forms?

Jim Manning

Old July 16th 03, 08:02 AM
Dave

I have gotten every rebate I've ever submitted. One time they tried to deny
me. It was Linksys, bought from Best Buy. I was prepared and had proof and
they relented and sent my money. Basically, I think rebates are a way to
get some great deals. I just bought an 80GB hard drive the other day for
$40 with a rebate. Just make darn sure you have copies of everything and
stay organized.
Dave

Old July 16th 03, 03:45 PM
B.J.

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:25:37 GMT, Inglo
wrote:

Is it just me or are mail in rebates the cheesiest-ass marketing b.s. in
the computer retail world. That is almost never a selling point to me,
filling out forms and mailing off something in order to get a check for
$20 in 2 months doesn't scream "what a bargain" to me.

It's not just you. I go out of my way not to buy anything with a
mail-in rebate. Too much hassle, not enough reward.

B.J.
Old July 17th 03, 01:55 PM
Bratboy

I can deal with rebates in general. What I don't like is how now instead of
simple rebate check places like Best Buy want to send you a rebate thats a
gift card for their store. I prefeer old fashion buy it mail in and deposit
into bank not be forced to spend it at the store hehe.

Old July 17th 03, 03:03 PM
Aussie

What a bunch of bloody dickheads...Poor guy asks about a card , all u
dickheads talk about a f..... rebate

Old July 17th 03, 03:56 PM
ginfest

"Aussie" wrote in message
What a bunch of bloody dickheads...Poor guy asks about a card , all u
dickheads talk about a f..... rebate

Crikey, little cranky m8?

Mike G