Has anyone successfully flashed this 8800GT

Old October 17th 08, 10:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Beemer

Default Has anyone successfully flashed this 8800GT

I have a two year old n Inno3d GeForce 8800GT 512K with its original
firmware which Inno3D have never updated.

They also have never updated the driver so I have loaded the lastest NVidia
driver
6.14.11.7824

I am curious as to whether others have cross flashed this card to Nvidia
firmware and why?

regards,

Beemer

Old October 17th 08, 03:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* Beemer:
I have a two year old n Inno3d GeForce 8800GT 512K with its original
firmware which Inno3D have never updated.

And the reason why you want an update is what?

I am curious as to whether others have cross flashed this card to Nvidia
firmware and why?

The card Fw always comes from Nvidia. The board makers only put their
IDs in it.

Benjamin
Old October 17th 08, 06:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

"Beemer" wrote in message
I have a two year old n Inno3d GeForce 8800GT 512K with its original
firmware which Inno3D have never updated.

They also have never updated the driver so I have loaded the lastest
NVidia driver
6.14.11.7824

I am curious as to whether others have cross flashed this card to Nvidia
firmware and why?

You can modify and rewrite BIOS parameters with NiBiTor.....

Old October 17th 08, 07:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Beemer

Benjamin,

Firstly I had an experience where the fan was running at a very annoying
full speed.

Then I installed the latest Nforce dispay driver and made contrast and
brightness adjustments. Unfortunately I over-adjusted and then found that I
could not re-open the Nvidia Control Panel (old or new) Well I could run it
but there were no display contrast or brightness menu panels. This was
after a full registry clean of the old driver and reinstall.

Subsequently I have changed motherboard andf processor and the lastest
Nvidia driver is working well.

As for the 8800GT firmware my interest is only curiousity except that fan
control is still of of interest.

regards,

Beemer

* Beemer:

Old October 17th 08, 08:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Access[_2_]

"Beemer" wrote in message
Benjamin,

Firstly I had an experience where the fan was running at a very annoying
full speed.

Then I installed the latest Nforce dispay driver and made contrast and
brightness adjustments. Unfortunately I over-adjusted and then found that
I could not re-open the Nvidia Control Panel (old or new) Well I could
run it but there were no display contrast or brightness menu panels.
This was after a full registry clean of the old driver and reinstall.

Subsequently I have changed motherboard andf processor and the lastest
Nvidia driver is working well.

As for the 8800GT firmware my interest is only curiousity except that fan
control is still of of interest.

regards,

Beemer

You can use RivaTuner to control fan speed from Windows. Works fine on my
8800GT card (I also had the problem where the fan was constantly running at
100% speed).

Matthias

Old October 17th 08, 11:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

"Beemer" wrote in message
Benjamin,

Firstly I had an experience where the fan was running at a very annoying
full speed.

Then I installed the latest Nforce dispay driver and made contrast and
brightness adjustments. Unfortunately I over-adjusted and then found that
I could not re-open the Nvidia Control Panel (old or new) Well I could
run it but there were no display contrast or brightness menu panels.
This was after a full registry clean of the old driver and reinstall.

Subsequently I have changed motherboard andf processor and the lastest
Nvidia driver is working well.

As for the 8800GT firmware my interest is only curiousity except that fan
control is still of of interest.

I use NiBiTor to rewrite fan speeds so that a 3rd party app does not need to
be loaded on startup....it also sets the GPU/Shader/Memory to my desired
presets....which on my Galaxy 8800GT 512Mb was set too high for memory
(2000Mhz) and too low for GPU (650) and the fan speed never budged from 30%.
I simply backed up the original BIOS first, modded a copy, and used NVFlash
to run the new one into the card....with a PCI video card on hand in case of
emergencies of course...