Problem with a MX6440 notebook need help!

Old June 28th 08, 01:27 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Larry[_6_]

Default Problem with a MX6440 notebook need help!

My niece reformated her gate MX6440 Laptop and now cannot connect to the
internet using wireless network , she says she does not see the device in
device manager . The disk she has (only 1 disk)is MS win XP home Edition
OP system disc. Small print it says MS WIn XP Home GTWOS V1.3 R1

Thanks Larry
Old June 28th 08, 05:45 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Larry[_6_]

Larry wrote in
36:

My niece reformated her gate MX6440 Laptop and now cannot connect to
the internet using wireless network , she says she does not see the
device in device manager . The disk she has (only 1 disk)is MS win XP
home Edition OP system disc. Small print it says MS WIn XP Home
GTWOS V1.3 R1

Thanks Larry

Cancel got it working . But now a hole load of others not working , like
sound for one. Told her to contact gateway and see if they still have
disks for it ( i hope).

Larry
Old June 29th 08, 12:43 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Larry[_6_]

Default Latest news

Larry wrote in
36:

My niece reformated her gate MX6440 Laptop and now cannot connect to
the internet using wireless network , she says she does not see the
device in device manager . The disk she has (only 1 disk)is MS win XP
home Edition OP system disc. Small print it says MS WIn XP Home
GTWOS V1.3 R1

Thanks Larry

Gate wants 20 for disk and 20 for Shipping ! . Have hunted and found most
drivers but no all.
Larry
Old June 29th 08, 01:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

In 36,
Larry typed on Sat, 28 Jun 2008 18:43:25 -0500:
Larry wrote in
36:

My niece reformated her gate MX6440 Laptop and now cannot connect to
the internet using wireless network , she says she does not see the
device in device manager . The disk she has (only 1 disk)is MS win
XP home Edition OP system disc. Small print it says MS WIn XP Home
GTWOS V1.3 R1

Thanks Larry

Gate wants 20 for disk and 20 for Shipping ! . Have hunted and found
most drivers but no all.
Larry

Larry... reformatting is almost always a bad idea. I wish people who do
would listen. And if you are going to do it anyway. Get something like
this first.

DriverBackup! (free)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/

--
Bill
Gateway Celeron M 370 (1.5GHZ)

Old June 29th 08, 04:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Larry[_6_]

"BillW50" wrote in news:4866dc0a$0$1350
:

[...]

It's a done deal. Except for a few drivers and programs it runs a lot
better then it did. Gateway's site for drivers were no real help.
Thanks Larry