Michael, wake up

Old December 8th 06, 11:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Michael, wake up

put some real computers on real sales, people are getting restless, you can
see by these posts.......

Old December 9th 06, 12:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Jupiter Jones

Michael who?
Dell?
Since this is not a Dell newsgroup, it is probable no one at Dell, much less
Michael Dell, will see your message.
This newsgroup has no connection with Dell other than people with Dell
computers come here.
If you want MD to see it, you would be better off posting on Dells website.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

.. .

Old December 9th 06, 12:52 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Notan

Jupiter Jones wrote:

Michael who?
Dell?
Since this is not a Dell newsgroup, it is probable no one at Dell, much less
Michael Dell, will see your message.
This newsgroup has no connection with Dell other than people with Dell
computers come here.
If you want MD to see it, you would be better off posting on Dells website.

snip

C'mon, Jupiter. The secret's out. Don't try to pull the wool over H's eyes.

If Michael Dell *DIDN'T* monitor this newsgroup, how would he know who the
Dellbots were, and where to send those monthly Dellbot bonuses! g

Notan
Old December 9th 06, 02:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Notan" wrote in message
Jupiter Jones wrote:

Michael who?
Dell?
Since this is not a Dell newsgroup, it is probable no one at Dell, much
less
Michael Dell, will see your message.
This newsgroup has no connection with Dell other than people with Dell
computers come here.
If you want MD to see it, you would be better off posting on Dells
website.

snip

C'mon, Jupiter. The secret's out. Don't try to pull the wool over H's
eyes.

If Michael Dell *DIDN'T* monitor this newsgroup, how would he know who the
Dellbots were, and where to send those monthly Dellbot bonuses! g

Notan

Hey, now I have to REPORT that income

Old December 9th 06, 02:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Barry Watzman

Michael Dell probably doesn't monitor this group (probably like 99.999%).

But it's a near certainty that some Dell employees do read this
newsgroup, and possibly post as well. On their own, unofficially and
anonymously. But read it, never the less. And they likely occasionally
copy and forward particular items to relevant people. I know, because
I've been in product management with two PC manufacturers, and
information sources about the company and it's products only rarely go
unnoticed.

Old December 9th 06, 03:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 00:38:25 GMT, "Jupiter Jones"
wrote:

Michael who?
Dell?
Since this is not a Dell newsgroup, it is probable no one at Dell, much less
Michael Dell, will see your message.
This newsgroup has no connection with Dell other than people with Dell
computers come here.
If you want MD to see it, you would be better off posting on Dells website.

There was a VP of some kind that helped me out um, maybe a decade ago.
I was having a "Dell hell" experience, and he helped me resolve it,
even though he was in a different area of Dell.

I posted a thread that had every contact with Dell to resolve the
issue, and what happened in that contact.

I was amazed when I posted my experiences that I wasn't flamed by
about 50 dell-bots (should that be capitalized?). I just posted the
facts, and they spoke for themselves.

One thing I have learned: trying to change an order after it's been
placed has a very high chance of ending up in dell-hell land. I think
at one time the sales person dealing with the customer was the one to
cancel the order...

On the flip side, as Tom has posted too, it's amazing how fast they
fix and return laptops. That is one area where I've only had good
experiences.
Old December 9th 06, 04:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Notan

Barry Watzman wrote:

Michael Dell probably doesn't monitor this group (probably like 99.999%).

But it's a near certainty that some Dell employees do read this
newsgroup, and possibly post as well. On their own, unofficially and
anonymously.

snip

And that, in turn, would explain why our checks are signed by "Mr. X."

Notan
Old December 9th 06, 02:09 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom2000

wrote:

Michael who?
Dell?
Since this is not a Dell newsgroup, it is probable no one at Dell, much less
Michael Dell, will see your message.
This newsgroup has no connection with Dell other than people with Dell
computers come here.
If you want MD to see it, you would be better off posting on Dells website.

You never know.

Although I'm on my second Dell laptop (C610 and E1505), I'm new to
this group. I haven't seen any official Dell representatives post
here, but I'm delighted to see that folks who post questions get good
answers here. (Thanks to all the good folks who contribute so much!)

My first laptop, way back when, was a Comapq. In the pre-HP days, the
Compaq laptop group was similar to this one. Lots of good folks
working hard to provide answers to users' questions.

I found a workaround to a problem I was having, and posted my
findings. A couple of days later, I received an email from a Compaq
rep, asking for my mailing address and shirt size. They sent me a
really nice Compaq polo shirt. (High quality, too. I've still got
it, and it still looks good, even after about a zillion trips through
the washer.) The rep didn't explicitly say that the shirt was in
response to my posting, but there was really no other explanation.

Also, that problem was fixed very soon after my post.

Another posting in that group, a couple of years later, resulted in a
free out-of-warranty fix to my laptop. By then, though, there was an
official Compaq representative following the group.

So you never know who's reading these posts. I'd find it very hard to
believe, though, that Dell would ignore this valuable resource. (But
I'll agree with your premise. The probability of Michael Dell,
himself, reading this group is highly unlikely.)

Best,

Tom