User Review: "I WILL NEVER BY ANOTHER HP PRODUCT AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!!"

Old March 5th 06, 02:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

Default User Review: "I WILL NEVER BY ANOTHER HP PRODUCT AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!!"

I ran across this while reading the User Reviews on Cnet. It is so
outrageous I thought I would share it with you. How any one company
can be so incredibly screwed up is beyond my understanding. They must
work day and night at it.

+++
I WILL NEVER BY ANOTHER HP PRODUCT AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!!

It is now July 2005 - my problems began in April 2005 - so we are
taking about a period of 4 months!!!

Problem 1: Computer will not turn on (it is less than 2 months old).

They say oh well we’ll send you a box, pack it up and ship it to us.
So I did. They send it back, claiming that they tested it, and I get a
computer back that is missing the memory card (therefore, it will not
boot at all). So I call and of course they can’t just send me my
memory chip they have to have me send the computer back to them again.
So I do. And they send it back (supposedly testing it first) and I
again get a non-working computer. So I send it back again, and they
send it back again, and you guessed it, it still doesn’t work. So then
I get to talk to the Sr. Quality Manager, HP Executive Customer
Relations Management who guarantees me that I will get a working
computer. So again I send it and finally they send me a working
computer. But now they had the computer as long as I did.

Problem 2:

One of the other computers dies. The CPU fan crapped out and the
computer will not let me boot. So I call - and again I am told that
they can’t send me the part (even though I told them I could easily
install a CPU fan myself). So I wait for the box, send the computer
back - AND GET THE WRONG COMPUTER BACK!!!!! Then when I call I am told
they have no idea where my computer is (after being put on hold for 3
HOURS ) but they will have someone call me back. When they never
called back I called them, and again am put on hold for 1 AND ½ HOURS.
They then claim my computer was at their service center the entire
time (BULL) and that they haven’t had a chance to fix it yet (BULL)
and that I need to send the computer I got back before they can send
mine to me. Which I understand the having to send the wrong one back
first, but I then ask if I can at least have something in writing
saying I will defiantly get my computer back. I am then transferred to
a case manager.

The case manager tells me he can’t guarantee I will get my computer
back. I asked why and he said he can’t with certainty guarantee that
it won’t end up lost in the time it takes for this computer to get
back. So I then say well can you at least guarantee me that I will get
my computer or one of equal or greater value back. I am told that the
only guarantee he can give me is that I have to pay taxes and die. He
stated that they do not have to give me any computer at all. That yes
my warrantee covers repair or replacement but that doesn’t mean they
have to get it to you once it is been replaced. He then continues to
yell at me and cut me off every time I try to speak and called me
stupid for even asking that they do something to smooth over their
lack of service because they have already gone out of their way. By
what losing my computer and sending me a computer that was in
non-working order 5 times!!!
+++

depends on the unreasonable man."

Old March 5th 06, 05:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

"Bob" wrote in message ...
I ran across this while reading the User Reviews on Cnet. It is so
outrageous I thought I would share it with you. How any one company
can be so incredibly screwed up is beyond my understanding. They must
work day and night at it.

And just how many sides of the story have you heard??

-- Bob Day

+++

Old March 5th 06, 09:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

"andy" wrote:
So what colour underpants have you got on?

I'm not wearing any.

Jon
Old March 6th 06, 01:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 22:16:40 GMT, kony wrote:

I ran across this while reading the User Reviews on Cnet. It is so
outrageous I thought I would share it with you. How any one company
can be so incredibly screwed up is beyond my understanding. They must
work day and night at it.

I'm wondering if a misguided Dell guerrilla marketing puppet
wrote it. IMO, most of the stories that go that far beyond
belief are either fictional or a consumer that brought half
of it on themselves. Funny how some people just keep having
problem after problem after problem year-in, year-out, but
others dealing with same companies never do. User defect?

I suspect his problem was caused by having bought serial number one.
HP is notorious for using customers as beta test sites. I recall
having bought one of the original Office Jets and I had to send it
back to HP twice before they got it right. Then there was an HP
scanner that had to go back once. At least they paid for the shipping.

--

"Our country's a place of limitless hopes and
possibilities, and nowhere is that spirit more

"One thing that makes George Bush such a great
president is that he does not govern according
to public opinion polls."
--John Cornyn, U.S. Senator from Texas
Old March 6th 06, 03:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:45:57 GMT, (Bob) wrote:

[...]

Perhaps that is part of it, defective or otherwise
problematic gear isn't impossible by any stretch.

That doesn't account for some of the more remarkable things
reported though, such as "He stated that they do not have to
give me any computer at all. That yes my warrantee covers
repair or replacement but that doesn’t mean they have to get
it to you once it is been replaced."

I call BS, this is not believable. Either that didn't
happen or a customer would not just passively accept being
told as much and only complain later.
Old March 6th 06, 04:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:20:07 GMT, kony wrote:

That doesn't account for some of the more remarkable things
reported though, such as "He stated that they do not have to
give me any computer at all. That yes my warrantee covers
repair or replacement but that doesn’t mean they have to get
it to you once it is been replaced."

I call BS, this is not believable. Either that didn't
happen or a customer would not just passively accept being
told as much and only complain later.

I interpreted that differently. He was being sarcastic. IOW, once he
sent his machine in and it got lost, HP could walk away and he could
do nothing about it.