P5Q SE2: Green LED Lit, But Nothing Else?

Old February 14th 09, 10:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
(PeteCresswell)

Default P5Q SE2: Green LED Lit, But Nothing Else?

P5Q SE2, just put it together, but it won't start.

Turn power on, hit Power switch.... Nada.

The little green LED on the mobo is glowing but the power
supply's fan is not on and neither is the CPU fan.

I tried reversing the leads on the panel/power switch connection
but no luck. I think the power switch is ok bc I had another
mobo in this case just before putting the P5Q in.

Only thing I can come up with is that the user guide "Connect the
chassis fan cable to the CHA_FAN connector to ensure system
stability." But I don't think I even have such a connector.
Seems tb 3-pin and there's nothing coming out of the power supply
like that.

Could that be the issue?

--
PeteCresswell
Old February 14th 09, 11:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
RobV[_2_]

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
P5Q SE2, just put it together, but it won't start.

Turn power on, hit Power switch.... Nada.

The little green LED on the mobo is glowing but the power
supply's fan is not on and neither is the CPU fan.

I tried reversing the leads on the panel/power switch connection
but no luck. I think the power switch is ok bc I had another
mobo in this case just before putting the P5Q in.

Only thing I can come up with is that the user guide "Connect the
chassis fan cable to the CHA_FAN connector to ensure system
stability." But I don't think I even have such a connector.
Seems tb 3-pin and there's nothing coming out of the power supply
like that.

Could that be the issue?

No, that would have nothing to do with your problem. It would be a
problem if you didn't have the CPU fan connected to the CPU Fan header.

When you mounted the new MB, are you sure you used only standoffs needed
for the new MB: I.E., make sure there is no standoff from the old MB
installed in a position which may be shorting out the new MB. Standoffs
should only be mounted where the MB has the holes surrounded by solder
to provide mounting support and good grounding.

Old February 15th 09, 12:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
(PeteCresswell)

Per RobV:
make sure there is no standoff from the old MB

Ladeeeeze and Gennnnlemun! We have a winnah!!!!

Rogue standoff.

Pigs were going to fly before Yours Truly ever thought of that
one.

Thanks!!!!
--
PeteCresswell
Old February 15th 09, 03:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
RobV[_2_]

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per RobV:
make sure there is no standoff from the old MB

Ladeeeeze and Gennnnlemun! We have a winnah!!!!

Rogue standoff.

Pigs were going to fly before Yours Truly ever thought of that
one.

Thanks!!!!

You're welcome!
Hey, got it in one! ;-)
Glad it was as simple as that and that it did no damage.

Old February 15th 09, 03:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
(PeteCresswell)

Per RobV:
and that it did no damage.

Yeah... I was kind of holding my breath on that first power-up.
--
PeteCresswell
Old February 15th 09, 09:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Dumbo

I would say you get used to it but many years after building my first PC I
still hold my breath switching on a new build. Its a nervous thing.
HAHAHAHA.
You were lucky it didn't do any damage just the same.
Good luck

Robin

green screen Peter[_7_] Webcams 0 September 11th 07 05:36 PM
Build a green PC anyone? [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 3 March 24th 07 02:27 PM
MPG's go green? J. Clarke Nvidia Videocards 3 January 6th 06 12:50 PM
MPG's go green? Dommy Nvidia Videocards 2 December 30th 05 01:02 AM
Red and Green used for what, exactly?! Miss Perspicacia Tick Printers 5 June 24th 04 06:55 PM