Only cpu fan works

Old March 15th 05, 10:35 PM

Default Only cpu fan works

Please help,

I bought a cpu mobo combo from Fry's, actually AMD Athlon 64 and
EliteGroup mobo. I came home hook up memory and video card, and short
the power sw., and all i got was cpu fan was turning. I know this cheap
mobo has a lot of problems, so i took them back to Fry's. But when they
tested in front of me, it works.
Then I brought home again tried them on defferent power supply, same
thing, only cpu fan was turning. Memory is the one i took it down from
another working pc, it's 512m pc2100. the graphic card i also took it
from another working pc, Geforce, which i bought one month ago.
What else could be wrong?

Mark

Old March 16th 05, 02:14 AM
les

you make no mention of any display, so are you running a working terminal?
does it work? is that plugged properly into the graphic card? does your
MOBO have an onboard video hardware that needs to be disabled before you
use this other card? do you get any beeps from the MOBO as it's booting?
does your HDD light come on?
Even with everything messed up, in most cases you should get some error
message
on the bootup screen, besides the BIOS parameters. The notable exception is
a faulty P.S. or a video card gone bad or disabled via switches.

Old March 16th 05, 07:28 AM

Thanks for the prompt reply, Les. For an unknown reason, it works now.
I tried a lot of things and have forgot what made it work.

Old March 16th 05, 07:28 AM