8INXP Lan Problems

Old August 25th 03, 11:04 PM
Nate Grey

Default 8INXP Lan Problems

I'm using XP Pro, and it has no access to the web. I dual boot to a music
side that has no installed modem, all extra ports are disables etc. The Lan
works fine on the other "Office" side, and in fact it works fine on the
music side for tranfering files etc. But if I use any music application that
pushed the CPU above 40% the audio glitches with a regular tick every
couple of second. As soon as I disable LAN in hardware it's fine. The only
"Network stuff installed is the Drivers for the LAN and I ran Network setup
wizard to link to the other computer.

I've left cubase, my music program, running, gone into Hardware disabled LAN
"on the fly" ,so to speak, and everything returns to normal, no Glitches.
What I have noticed though is if I have Windows Task manager running and
watch it's CPU usuage readout, when the glitches appear the CPU actually
drops to 0 and the jumps back up, so I dont know if its CPU spikes or
dropouts. Also it dosent have to be Cubase, it does it on stand alone
synths. If I play random notes to get the CPU up to 40-50% your can hear a
click every few seconds, but it is a regular pattern?????..... I've also
tried disabling one service at a time going throught the majority of them,
but no change.

PC Specs
Gigabyte 8INXP (with GIGA LAN built in)
2GB Ram
P4 3.06Ghz
3 Western Digital HDs
Win XP PRO

Cheers

Old August 26th 03, 04:55 PM
Axl

This may be the problem with the Promise 20276 controller. It is known to
cause clicks in the sound when transferring data. I had clicks when my 2 HDs
was on the Promise controller. I removed them and plugged them in the Intel
controllers (IDE 2 channel) and the clicks disappeared. If possible put all
your HDs on the Intel controller and CD-ROMs e.t.c. on the Promise.

Old August 27th 03, 05:44 PM
thorsten

i have the 8irxp Promise Drivers 2.00.1.29 installed this driver version
fix this
on the 8inxp driver CD is Version 2.00.0.21 whit problem
i hope i can help