Cendyne??????

Old July 31st 03, 04:52 PM
Daniel

Default Cendyne??????

Hi,
I recently purchased a Cendyne 48x12x50 unit and it installed just fine.
Started to look for stuff in the box and found very little documentation
other than the "quick setup" pamphlet but no software drivers, README files
or such. There was no owners manual nor anything on any CD. Matter of a
fact, I got the Nero program on CD, but found nothing on the disk about my
burner. The most frustrating part...... I wrote Cendyne about week ago and
have heard nothing from them other than an automated reply that says " we
will respond as quickly as posible". Have they gone out of business?

Thanks,
Dan

Old July 31st 03, 05:22 PM
Dan G

There are no drivers for CD drives. Install Nero and you're good to go.
There's a complete Nero manual on the CD in .pdf format.
what's the model number on the box?

Old August 1st 03, 10:59 PM
Daniel

Hi,
My drive is listed on the box as a 48x12x50. And yes, it is pretty strange
how the front of the drive makes no mention of what or who makes it. I guess
Cendyne is a pretty SUCKY company if they do not proved info and answers on
their website and will not return questions about there products. Still
wondering were the darn Readme and help files are. Plus how do I find out
about their claimed BurnProof technology?

Guess I can say for sure that anyone wanting to buy Cendyne products should
NOT DO IT.

Dan

"callsignviper" wrote in message

"Daniel" dcxdanATwowwayDOTcom wrote in message
Hi,
I recently purchased a Cendyne 48x12x50 unit and it installed just fine.
Started to look for stuff in the box and found very little documentation
other than the "quick setup" pamphlet but no software drivers, README

files
or such. There was no owners manual nor anything on any CD. Matter of a
fact, I got the Nero program on CD, but found nothing on the disk about

my
burner. The most frustrating part...... I wrote Cendyne about week ago

and
have heard nothing from them other than an automated reply that says "

we
will respond as quickly as posible". Have they gone out of business?

Forget about getting a response from Cendyne. They hide behind their

website
help (non)function. I sent several emails, er....at least tried to,

several
months ago and have yet to receive any response other than the automated
nonsense.

Seems they want to sell repackaged goods with absolutely no responsibility
to the consumer.

If you submitted a rebate for that drive be prepared to wait and wait and
wait some more as they are extremely slow to pay valid rebates.

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.

Old August 1st 03, 11:36 PM
Striker

Especially people who need help files and readme's to install a CDRW. What
do you need to know about their burnproof tech? When I start Nero and burn
a CD the software tells me if is activated or not. I bought a Cendyne
52X24X52 and I installed it and it works great. At the price I paid for it,
if it last a year I'll just throw it away and go buy another one. Mine is
listed as an ASUS drive. I have an ASUS MB and a ASUS video card and I'm
more than happy with them.

Old August 1st 03, 11:43 PM
callsignviper

"Striker" wrote in message
.. .
Especially people who need help files and readme's to install a CDRW. What
do you need to know about their burnproof tech? When I start Nero and

burn
a CD the software tells me if is activated or not. I bought a Cendyne
52X24X52 and I installed it and it works great. At the price I paid for

it,
if it last a year I'll just throw it away and go buy another one. Mine is
listed as an ASUS drive. I have an ASUS MB and a ASUS video card and I'm
more than happy with them.

(SNIP)

I hope your drive lasts a year because if it doesn't.........well, good
luck.

I had a Cendyne repackaged CDRW drive die after 32 days of moderate usage.
The packaging states a 1 year replacement warranty. I tried half a dozen
times to get an RMA from Cendyne but they never responded to ANY of the
requests. Fortunately the retailer where I got it was understanding and kind
enough to exchange the drive even though it was beyond their normal return
period.

There are also a few topics on Cendyne lack of support at
www.techbargains.com in the forums there. Other people have had the same
problem I experienced.

YMMOCV but mine did NOT!

Old August 2nd 03, 04:57 AM
Daniel

YIKES ... now I am really worried about my SUCKY Cendyne. Hope it last ....
Maybe not. I just checked for it in the Device Manager and it was no where
to be found.

Dan

"callsignviper" wrote in message

.. .

Old August 2nd 03, 07:50 PM
Enkidu

Daniel wrote:

So Tell us Bob.... how do you find out who manufactured a Cendyne drive.
Mine comes up only as - 48x12x50

Dan

That is probably a BenQ (Asus) burner. Check your firmware and then go
he http://www.benq.com/drivers/storage_drivers.html

See what drive matches your firmware and there you are.

Enkidu

Old August 2nd 03, 09:56 PM
Striker

Just go to the Control Panel and then System then Device Manager and look
under CDROM and it will tell you.

Old August 2nd 03, 11:02 PM
callsignviper

"thurston" wrote in message
Additionally, Lite-On uses "Smart Burn" technology and is usually

indicated
some where on the box.

"Usually" but not always. The last, and I do mean the last, Cendyne
repackaged drive I bought and exchanged due to a defect was a LiteOn. The
box did not indicate "SmartBurn" technology. Looking for "LTR" in the model
number on the box or drive label is a much better indicator.

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.

Dial up modem recommendations BP Homebuilt PC's 21 July 7th 04 04:16 AM
Cendyne 52x24x52 at OfficeMax for $9.99 is a LiteOn LTR52246 ř¤°`°¤mikeř,¸¸,ř¤ Cdr 4 August 9th 03 07:33 AM
Cendyne Graham Mayor Cdr 5 July 14th 03 10:16 AM
Cendyne / Office Max rebates David L. Cobb Cdr 0 July 13th 03 11:16 PM
Advice on Cendyne 48x12x48 Bill Hoppy Haupt Cdr 1 June 25th 03 10:15 AM