GA-8I945PL-G cannot detect an IDE CDROM drive

Old September 1st 08, 10:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul Smith

Default GA-8I945PL-G cannot detect an IDE CDROM drive

Dear All,

I have a Gigabyte GA-8I945PL-G and an IDE CDROM drive, which is not
detected by the BIOS. It worked fine before I updated the BIOS from F3
to F8. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Paul
Old September 1st 08, 01:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul Smith

On Sep 1, 10:37*am, Paul Smith wrote:
I have a Gigabyte GA-8I945PL-G and an IDE CDROM drive, which is not
detected by the BIOS. It worked fine before I updated the BIOS from F3
to F8. Any ideas?

Nevermind, as I have meanwhile solved the problem.

Paul
Old September 1st 08, 04:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul

Paul Smith wrote:
On Sep 1, 10:37 am, Paul Smith wrote:
I have a Gigabyte GA-8I945PL-G and an IDE CDROM drive, which is not
detected by the BIOS. It worked fine before I updated the BIOS from F3
to F8. Any ideas?

Nevermind, as I have meanwhile solved the problem.

Paul

Solution = ??? (i.e. what did you do to fix it ?)

We like a happy ending.
Old September 7th 08, 04:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Paul Smith

On Sep 1, 4:45*pm, Paul wrote:
On Sep 1, 10:37 am, Paul Smith wrote:
I have a Gigabyte GA-8I945PL-G and an IDE CDROM drive, which is not
detected by the BIOS. It worked fine before I updated the BIOS from F3
to F8. Any ideas?

Nevermind, as I have meanwhile solved the problem.

Solution = ??? *(i.e. what did you do to fix it ?)

My CDROM drive was not connected to the IDE cable as Slave, as I had
many IDE hard disks. Thus, my CDROM drive was connected directly to
the motherboard on IDE3 or IDE4 (cannot remember). Then, I removed an
hard disk and I connected the CDROM drive to the IDE cable as Slave. I
should tell you that the direct connect from the CDROM drive to the
motherboard (IDE3 or IDE4) worked very well until I updated the BIOS
from F3 to F8.

Paul