Installing Motherboard Drivers on DL380 G4

Old January 31st 07, 05:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Will

Default Installing Motherboard Drivers on DL380 G4

I'm confused by the Windows 2003 Softpaq for the DL380 G4. There are
options for *both* Intel and AMD motherboard drivers. Since the system is
Intel based I don't understand why AMD is there. And better still the
Intel motherboard drivers refuse to install.

--
Will

Old January 31st 07, 04:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
NuTCrAcKeR

I think you are talking about the Proliant Support Pack ... its a
carpet-bomb approach. Just run it and any needed/supported drivers for your
machine will be installed.

its a very solid process. I wish every server mfg did such a thing.

- LC

Old February 1st 07, 01:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Will

"NuTCrAcKeR" wrote in message
t...
I think you are talking about the Proliant Support Pack ... its a
carpet-bomb approach. Just run it and any needed/supported drivers for

your
machine will be installed.

its a very solid process. I wish every server mfg did such a thing.

You are saying that the one Support Pack covers many different servers, or
all Proliant models?

--
Will

Old February 1st 07, 08:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
NuTCrAcKeR

"Will" wrote in message
"NuTCrAcKeR" wrote in message
t...
I think you are talking about the Proliant Support Pack ... its a
carpet-bomb approach. Just run it and any needed/supported drivers for

your
machine will be installed.

its a very solid process. I wish every server mfg did such a thing.

You are saying that the one Support Pack covers many different servers, or
all Proliant models?

--
Will

something tells me you are new to all this ...

start here, and make the appropriate selections :

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h...&lang=en&cc=us

choose your server platform, then model, then OS ...

choose sofware - support pack, download and run

its really easy.

- LC

Old February 2nd 07, 06:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Will

Will said:
You are saying that the one Support Pack covers many different servers, or
all Proliant models?

NuTCrAcKeR says:
something tells me you are new to all this ...

start here, and make the appropriate selections :

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h...&lang=en&cc=us

choose your server platform, then model, then OS ...

choose sofware - support pack, download and run

its really easy.

I've run many different incarnations of the Proliant Support Pack, typically
only once or twice per year. I had downloaded the appropriate one and
selectively installed the packages I wanted before I posted the question!

My follow up to your earlier post was does the one downloadable support pack
cover many different models of Proliant? One assumes the answer is yes
because many of the packages in the support pack refuse to install on a
DL380 G4. Neither Intel nor AMD motherboard drivers for Windows 2003
install for example.

That isn't a question about where to find the appropriate Support Pack
download. That also isn't a question about how to install the Support Pack
download. That's a question about the scope of the download. Looking
at the download page again, I see at the very bottom they do list all of the
Proliants that the one Support Pack covers, so answer to the question was
"yes".

--
Will

Old February 2nd 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Nut Cracker

[...]

Generally speaking, yes. The PSP for a particular OS supports several
proliant server platforms. however, if you are having problems getting the
PSP to install on a particular server, make sure that you have the support
pack for the proper OS selected. I have had problems where i was trying to
install a w2k PSP on a 2k3 box, or an x64 PSP on a x86 server.

I know it sounds trite, but its all about the details.

- LC