Computer keeps hanging.

Old June 28th 03, 03:40 PM
Adrian

Default Computer keeps hanging.

One thing you could try, is stripping down your system to just the
following:

(a) Motherboard
(b) RAM
(c) CPU
(d) PSU
(e) Video card
(f) Booting HDD

Now try it. Tell me, did you notice it hanging before you installed the
drivers for all the devices? Also, sometimes the order of installing the
drivers make a difference. I would try that above. If it still hangs, try
the following (some items are a little drastic, I know):

(a) Boot to MS-DOS, does it still hang?
(b) Re-install XP, but don't install the drivers, does it hang?
(c) Is your RAM module compatible with the motherboard? Try a different RAM
module
(d) Try a replacement PSU in your system

Hope this helps give you a start.

~ Adrian ~

Computer Problems JosephNicol General 8 October 5th 04 10:38 PM
Query on new computer aNdY_05 General 4 July 4th 03 02:55 AM
New Computer Building Suggestions Yifei Chen General 5 June 30th 03 10:20 PM