Replaceing an inventer

Old October 12th 05, 02:34 PM
amitr

Default Replaceing an inventer

Hello,

I want to try and replace the inverter of my gateway 400vtx laptop.
Can anyone tell me where would I find the inverter once I open the
cover of the laptop? Do I have to remove the panel of the LCD?

Thanks,

Old October 12th 05, 04:00 PM
Edward J. Neth

It's usually behind the screen. Before you try to replace it, make sure
you have a source for an exact match - the inverter is specific to the
make and model of screen, and most companies don't sell inverters
separately.

You may want to contact an LCD repair shop to see if the inverter can be
rebuilt rather than replaced, if you cannot find a replacement.