Where to get QuickRestore for Presario 5304

Old July 8th 08, 11:52 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Default Where to get QuickRestore for Presario 5304

Does anyone know where to purchase a QuickRestore for a Presario 5304

It came with Win98 SE.

I need this computer for school and dont have $$$ to spend on a new
one.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Old July 8th 08, 01:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

"s18" wrote in message
Does anyone know where to purchase a QuickRestore for a Presario 5304

It came with Win98 SE.

I need this computer for school and dont have $$$ to spend on a new
one.

http://www.restoredisks.com/finddisk.asp?mode=start

RD000537-Compaq-Presario-5304-Windows 98
$26.99

Old July 8th 08, 07:07 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Postman delivers

--

* * *
s18,

You could download a stable linux distro, most of them come with word
processors and they would be a modern web safe operating system...

Most HP recent vintage printers will install easily in most versions of
Linux...

This system show only a 4 gig drive and 64-bit memory...
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...reg_R1002_USEN

Here is a small Linux, one I have not run, but a friend loves it for older
small computers...if you have access to a bit torrent software here is the
torrent address of a remastered system...
http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?pa...7c9f5a18609 5

Here is a webpage with everything you need... including a ISO burner, use
your neighbors system to download and burn a Live CD...
www.newcityvegas.com/tinyxs/

I would have a look, and try this free operating system and with software,
before spending $30...

JR the postman
Old August 16th 08, 03:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
riverdoctor

I have one. I will mail to you.

Riverdoctor. I also have this same computer (Compaq 5304) I bought all
kinds of up-grades for and extra RAM, Better processor. I am trying to
get it to work but need the motherboard schematic. Does anyone have it?
If the student who needs the restore disk wants all the stuff, s/he can
have it all. My job is too demanding for my computer-fixing hobby.

Riverdoctor