What is the difference between Primary and Secondary Display ?

Old January 4th 06, 06:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default What is the difference between Primary and Secondary Display ?

I make Cable TV software to play video clips on TV out.
I recommend nVidia Geforce Display card for my software.

I use Dual View Mode where user can make programs/Scroll
Titles/Animation etc
on PC Monitor, while the Video clips are being played on TV out.

I make PC Monitor as Primary and TV as Secondary.
So that No window will get open on TV out except my windows.

My Problems:
---------------------
I am using C++ Scrolling Text ActiveX where GetScanLine() is used.

CVSync::CVSync(bool autoStart) : CMMTimers(1), line(0), AllOK(false),
VBPos(0)
{
if(DirectDrawCreate(0,&lpDD,0) != DD_OK) return;
if(lpDD-SetCooperativeLevel(0,DDSCL_NORMAL) != DD_OK) return;
//if(autoStart) startVB();
AllOK = true;
}

void CVSync::timerProc()
{
DWORD tmp;
if(AllOK && lpDD-GetScanLine(&tmp) == DD_OK)
{
if(tmp VBPos && !done) { VB(); done = true; }
if(tmp line && !done) VB();
if(tmp line ) done = false;
line = tmp;
}
}

I get jerky scrolling on TV out.
I tried setting 100Hz in PC Monitor and some time the scroll seems very
smooth and mostof the time it is jerky.

When I make TV as Primary I get super smooth scrolling always.
But TV as primary mode does'nt suit for my application.
I get Splash screen of Photoshop or OutLook Express getting opened on
TV.
This is after settings nVidia software to open all the windows on PC
Monitor.
Other wise 100& windows getting opened on TV screen.

My Question:
------------------
What exactly nVidia does on Primary display to get smooth scrolling.?
can't I do the same on Secondary Display ?
So that I can make TV as secondary and my problem is solved.

Suggestion Needed:
----------------------------
Pls help me to fix this Jerky scrolling issue.

soorya
soorya(at)vsnl(dot)com

Old January 5th 06, 03:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

The Black Wibble wrote:
"soorya" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]
When I make TV as Primary I get super smooth scrolling always.
But TV as primary mode does'nt suit for my application.
I get Splash screen of Photoshop or OutLook Express getting opened on
TV.
This is after settings nVidia software to open all the windows on PC
Monitor.
Other wise 100& windows getting opened on TV screen.

My Question:
------------------
What exactly nVidia does on Primary display to get smooth scrolling.?
can't I do the same on Secondary Display ?
So that I can make TV as secondary and my problem is solved.

Suggestion Needed:
----------------------------
Pls help me to fix this Jerky scrolling issue.

soorya
soorya(at)vsnl(dot)com

This newsgroup hardly ever gets questions to do with programming. You'll
have a much better chance of finding an answer if you post to
news://microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.video. You can find
that newsgroup on the msnews.microsoft.com news server if your ISP
doesn't carry it.

Tony.

You could also try rec.video.desktop

--
!bungle
'01 SV650-S

Old January 5th 06, 09:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

thanks...
let me try
soorya
soorya(at)vsnl(dot)com