BLOWN through the quoted delivery date ...

Old June 4th 07, 05:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
jp[_2_]

Default BLOWN through the quoted delivery date ...

****NEWSFLASH****

My order for a 530VX was placed on 4/16. Delayed twice... now reads
6/6.

BUT... the website, as of this morning, says the system is "IN
PRODUCTION"!!!

Who know if it really means anything, but at least it's a change from
"PROCESSING".

Perhaps Gateway really does build systems?

We'll see!

On Jun 2, 11:41 pm, Ikaros wrote:
My esitmated delivery date has been updated again. After ordering my
system on 4/27 it went from 5/25 to 6/5 and now to 6/25. Maybe I can
write to Dell to see if they would give me a competitive offer for a
similar XPS configuration and price to help me decide to ultimately
do. There is still a chance that my FX530 could arrive before the
latest estimated date. I don't know what to do because I got a good
sales discount savings to begin with. But potentially waiting 2 months
from order to delivery seems to be excessive and in my opinion pushing
it.

Old June 4th 07, 11:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On Jun 4, 12:23 pm, jp wrote:
****NEWSFLASH****
My order for a 530VX was placed on 4/16. Delayed twice... now reads
6/6.
BUT... the website, as of this morning, says the system is "IN
PRODUCTION"!!!
Who know if it really means anything, but at least it's a change from
"PROCESSING".
Perhaps Gateway really does build systems?
We'll see!

Oh crap! Congrats! Maybe mine will be in production soon too. I was
beginning to wonder if Gateway gave up making computers. I was getting
ready to wheel and deal with Dell as plan B and configure an XPS 410
similarly. Maybe I'll wait a bit longer because I really want my
system as configured:

Gateway FX530XM (customized and ordered 4/27/07):
- 2.40GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 4M Cache
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit
- 2048MB Memory
- 500GB Hard Drive 8MB Cache (2x250GB drives)
- 48x/32x/48x CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
- 16x Double-Layer Multi-Format DVD Writer DVD+-/R+-RW/CD-R/RW
- 768MB Nvidia 8800GTX Graphics (Factory Overclocked)
- Gateway 22" Widescreen High Definition LCD Display
- TV Tuner Asus/ViXS Combo-210E NTSC/ATSC
- Sound Blaster X-FI PCI Card
- Logitech X-230 2.1 32 watt Speakers w/Subwoofer
- 3 Year Value Plan Warranty
------------------------------

Old June 6th 07, 04:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
jp[_2_]

*****UPDATE******
My order status still says "IN PRODUCTION"

My estimated delivery date is now..... 7/7. That will be 3 months from
time of order. I fear that GWAY is really going out of business! How
can you have a real business model that can survive a unexpected 3
month lag in being able to sell anything. It's got to be killing their
cashflow.

Dell doesn't make a model with my specs at a reasonable price. I need
a box with high-end parts, but not the monstrosity of the Dell 700
series.

I guess I'll have to convince the wife that buying from a local system
integrator is the way to go.

Further updates as they come.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-

Old June 6th 07, 05:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Lee

jp wrote:
*****UPDATE******
My order status still says "IN PRODUCTION"

My estimated delivery date is now..... 7/7. That will be 3 months from
time of order. I fear that GWAY is really going out of business! How
can you have a real business model that can survive a unexpected 3
month lag in being able to sell anything. It's got to be killing their
cashflow.

Hi Have you tried the Executive Response team? They were able to
assist me on my order. Give them a call and ask specifically for the
person doing the ERT and see if they will clarify the problem. Worked
for me! Don't really know how much time it saved if any but these
people will keep you posted. 1-800-846 2042 ext 31184

Hope this will help you out!

Lee (in Florida)
Old June 6th 07, 07:16 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On Jun 6, 12:28 pm, Lee wrote:
Hi Have you tried the Executive Response team? They were able to
assist me on my order. Give them a call and ask specifically for the
person doing the ERT and see if they will clarify the problem. Worked
for me! Don't really know how much time it saved if any but these
people will keep you posted. 1-800-846 2042 ext 31184

Lee,

Thanks for the tip! But what do you tell them, "why is it taking so
long?" I'm afraid I will get the same scripted run around about the
move from Mexico to Tennessee and how wonderful things will be when
they are finished but have no idea when. I have an email inquiry reply
saying the 7-bay BTX cases are on backorder, but when I called a few
days ago another guy told me my order says nothing about waiting for
any parts! Instead he said all ordered were on hold pending the
facility move!!! What do you believe?

All they want to do is offer you to cancel if you don't like it. No
wonder they only have 7% of the PC market with service like that.

Then I wanted to know why I've never gotten any emails from Gateway
about my order status and found my email address wasn't even listed
with my order. This irked me because i called a week before about the
same thing and the guy said he was adding it for me but it wasn't. I
guess the second request worked becuse I got an order confirmation
email from Gateway a few days ago saying my arrival date is 5/25 and
it will be in a box and on its way. I supposed that was an old auto-
generated email from 4/27 when I placed the order holding in a send
queue that I never got until now.

Steve

Old June 6th 07, 10:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
jp[_2_]

The delays are bad... it's the differing stories and lack of info that
is really starting to grate on me. Plus. who thought it would be GOOD
IDEA to make the customer have to CONFIRM their order whenever they
request info on the orders' status? Nothing inspires confidence more
than being asked to cancel your order by the people that sold you the
product. It's retarded.

Thank goodness my life is a little crazy right now and I don't REALLY
need the PC right this moment.

Old June 9th 07, 04:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On Jun 6, 5:18 pm, jp wrote:
The delays are bad... it's the differing stories and lack of info that
is really starting to grate on me. Plus. who thought it would be GOOD
IDEA to make the customer have to CONFIRM their order whenever they
request info on the orders' status? Nothing inspires confidence more
than being asked to cancel your order by the people that sold you the
product. It's retarded.

I agree. Anyone else try that ERT number previously posted? What
exactly do they do and what did you tell them? Please detail your
experience with calling them. I'm half afraid to call Gateway anymore
because the past two times I've called the regular numbers, instead of
helping me they give me inconsistent answers and give me a new delay
date as a reward! I feel like they are almost punishing me for
questioning them or something!

Old June 9th 07, 05:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

Update: Well, I just called the main Gateway "2000" number selecting
customer service and saying no to all the voice prompts to get a real
person. I spoke to a Kathy who was very polite and checked my order
status with manufacturing and said they have an ETA of 6/15 which is
this next Friday. There were no tracking numbers yet which she says
they usually get within 3 days before they ship. She also confirmed my
email which they were still missing the last time I called and gave me
a reference number for this call-in.

That was a little better news than last time I called when some guy
told me the ETA was 6/25. The history of my order on 4/27 is ETA's
from 5/22 to 6/5 to 6/25 and now back tracking to 6/15. I told Kathy
that I was starting to freak out because we are getting ready to fly
to Texas in July for a family vacation. I also asked about the ERT
which she explained is used to escalate to to next level if regular
customer support isn't helping enough. But if the ETA holds at 6/15
there may be no need for that since it might ship within a week, I'm
hoping...

Old June 11th 07, 01:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
jp[_2_]

OK the lastest UPDATE!

It's SHIPPED (surprise, surprise, surprise!)

I was checking my status on Saturday the 9th and the order status had
switched to SHIPPED with a tracking number on the bottom of the page.
Click on the tracking number and .... NOTHING. So I made calls into
the GWAY customer care number, zerod out to a person. They didn't have
aymore info, but knew they shipped using FEDEX.

I then put the number into FEDEX.COM and Lo and Behold... It's
scheduled for delivery on the 12th, tomorrow.

Two months wait to delivery... not great, but better than 3 months!
Now, let's hope the system arrives working and with the right parts.

For the record:

PROC: Quad Extreme - o'Clocked
Mem: 2 Gigs
HD: 1 TB
VID: 8800GS 320
No Display, No Speakers... got good ones already

Hopefully it's on it way!

-j

On May 10, 8:55 am, jp wrote:
Well . . . we blew through the 5/8 date. Now the systems are saying
5/17.

Is there any secret phone number/ website that has real delivery info/
manufaturing status? The sales people just seem to access the same
info as the order status website.

Is there a group in Gateway that can truly check status. I've got to
schedule time off to take delivery of the PC... burned up one day so
far!

-j

Old June 11th 07, 09:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On Jun 11, 8:48 am, jp wrote:
OK the lastest UPDATE!
It's SHIPPED (surprise, surprise, surprise!)

Congrats! Let us know how your new system is when you unbox it.

I'm hoping since they are now shipping something mine will be soon. I
was told Saturday on the phone manufacturing has the 15th as the ETA,
but the stupid website status page still says 6/22. I'll wait till
tomorrow to call for an update. I don't want to depress myself today.