BLOWN through the quoted delivery date ...

Old June 22nd 07, 10:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

Default BLOWN through the quoted delivery date ...

Well I called again, this time to my sales rep. He sent me an email
with a screenshot of my order info and invoice total of $2,261.98 that
reflects the $89 off. Also he said all my parts ARE there, which
differs with what customer support says. I told him he needs to pass
the word to customer support to get their stories straight and not
tell customers bogus excuses. Also I ragged on their order status
webpage that is never right.

Old June 24th 07, 01:50 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
jcrupper

Ikaros;2900411 Wrote:
On Jun 21, 5:24 pm, Ikaros wrote:

So now my new total price is supposed to be $2350.98 - $89 =

I'm ****ed now. I went to the status detail page and emailed myself
from there to see if the $89 was taken off. That is the only way I can
see the total price info. Look at this little trick. I didn't get
anything off. My total is still the same because they took $89 off the
shipping but charged $89 in tax! I had no tax before!!!

Subtotal: $2,251.98
Sales Tax: $89.00
California Recycling Fee: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $10.00
Total: $2,350.98

I just noticed the same thing with my pricing! They just added my S/H
into Sales Tax...nearly doubling my sales tax! I'm hoping this is just
a weird quirck, and not that they still plan on charging me the full
amount. When I talked to my sales rep last week about having the S/H
waived due to a nearly 3 month delay, she gave me an updated total
which was the corrected new amount. Not sure why it doesn't show it
correct in the online system. I think I'll give her a call tomorrow to
make sure all is squared away with the new price. I'd hate to get stuck
with having to pay the S/H after I thought I had gotten it waived. Them
waiving the S/H is the only thing keeping from canceling the order.

(Order Date 4/21 - NEW Estimated Arrival date 7/09)

--
jcrupper
jcrupper's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/members/3722.htm

http://www.futurehardware.in

Old July 7th 07, 04:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

I was afriad this would happen. I just noticed on the Gateway page
that the FX530XM that I ordered on 4/47 (newest delay shipping ETA is
currently 7/13) is no longer offered/discontinued. Now instead every
FX530 is Quad Core for about the same prices as the Dual Core systems
offered before. I wrote my sales rep today to see if I can upgrade my
order from the E6600 to Q6600 processor for the same price. Since the
XM is no longer there the closest match price wise is the XG model. I
wrote to him that I think it is very bad to have a system on order
that is discontinued before it is even built or shipped to me! I'll
let you know what response I get...

Old July 7th 07, 04:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

I was afraid this would happen. I just noticed on the Gateway page
that the FX530XM that I ordered on 4/27 (newest delay shipping ETA is

Old July 10th 07, 01:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On Jul 7, 11:14 am, Ikaros wrote:
I was afraid this would happen. I just noticed on the Gateway page
that the FX530XM that I ordered on 4/27 (newest delay shipping ETA is
currently 7/13) is no longer offered/discontinued. Now instead every
FX530 is Quad Core for about the same prices as the Dual Core systems
offered before.

I thought that I earned the patience of a Saint but this is wearing me
out. The webpage order status has been updated again now with an ETA
of 8/2. That will be over 3 months since 4/27 at 13+ weeks! I was
talking to my sales rep last night about paying the upgrade price
(based on the FX530B) from an E6600 to Q6600 for $64 according to
price difference on the page. He said to call him back this afternoon
but if he changes my order I will have to go to the back of the
ordering line? What, and wait another 3 months for GW to get their act
together? Give me a break.

Old July 12th 07, 10:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

Update - I had gotten another delay date of 8/2. I called to complain
again and they hooked me up to my sales rep. I asked for a upgrade
from the Core 2 Duo E6600 to the Quad Processor Q6600. The updated
FX530 models online have that as the minimum CPU for about the same
price. He wanted to offer me another $100 off but his manager wouldn't
allow it and told him to upgrade my processor instead.

The way I figured it this should have been the deal:

+2546.98 (FX530S custom configured system total including mouse)
+99 (original shipping and handling)
=$2,645.98

-140 (original free monitor upgrade special from 19" to 22" widescreen
LCD as ordered on 4/27)
-160 (your original sales discount on 4/27)
-100 (Microsoft Vista Ultimate upgrade coupon code applied on 5/4)
-89 (customer support waved shipping on 6/21)
$2156.98 (total from above applying all $489 in prior discounts)

(If throwing out -$140 free 22" upgrade = $2296.98 just using $349 in
discounts)

But the new total was $2385.98 which is $35 more than my original
purchase price of $2350.98 because -260 discounts is all their
percentage point margin allows or some BS like that. You might think
on the surface that is a good price to upgrade from a 2 core processor
to a 4 core, but the fact is the new system with the faster processor
was priced a bit less 2 1/2 months later.

If I would have gotten all the discounts as before, it would have cost
less than my original order in April. They wouldn't even give me my
free monitor upgrade as advertised during the original purchase!

The original order from 4/27 had a total pre-discount price of
$2699.98 not counting the free monitor upgrade offer to make a
comparison. The new system cost $2,645.98 before discounts, so the raw
difference between the E6600 system means the new Q6600 system is $54
less in price! But GW could only afford to give me a $260 discount, so
not counting losing the April $140 monitor upgrade value, then I lost
$89 in discounts from my original order. IMHO that is what the
shipping minus the handling costs and they should have given it to me
anyway!

Plus he pulled my original order becasue it couldn't just swap the
Q6600 to it. So my order has now started over in the back of the line
and "he" thinks since orders are starting to roll out faster that I
should get it by 8/21.

In the meantime I'm checking out how much would it cost for the same
specs if I just built it myself from parts, or get it from another
vendor. If I can and it doesn't take longer than a month to do I will
cancel this Gateway order. I don't like being made to feel like a fool
and not getting the discounts I had before. I think I got ripped off
at least $89, more if I count losing the free monitor upgrade special
from my original purchase.

Old July 13th 07, 03:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
flya150

You seem to be having the worst luck with your order. My order just shipped
today and will arive tomorrow. I saw the price changes on Gateways web page
last week. I was able to get my price lowered to reflect the prices on the
web page. I had ordered the 530S with the Q6600 already so I did not have to
make any changes to the order. I hope all works out for you.

ups.com...

Old July 13th 07, 11:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On Jul 12, 10:17 pm, "flya150" wrote:
[...]

Plus he pulled my original order because it couldn't just swap the
Q6600 to it. So my order has now started over in the back of the line
and "he" thinks since orders are starting to roll out faster that I
should get it by 8/21.

In the meantime I'm checking out how much would it cost for the same
specs if I just built it myself from parts, or get it from another
vendor. If I can and it doesn't take longer than a month to do I will
cancel this Gateway order. I don't like being made to feel like a fool
and not getting the discounts I had before.

2699.98 2350.98 (original purchase price)
------- = -------
2645.98 2385.98 (should be $2303.96 at same savings ratio)

2699.98 2261.98 (with $89 shipping waved on 6/21)
2645.98 2385.98 (should be $2216.74 at same savings ratio)

2699.98 2490.98 (original purchase price without free monitor
upgrade)
2645.98 2385.98 (should be $2441.16 at same savings ratio) $55.18
savings

Average between bottom two would be $2328.95 ($57.03 lost savings)

Average between top and bottom two would be $2372.56 ($13.42 lost
savings)