24" full HD LCD monitor and videocard ATI Radeon x1650 Pro DDR3 or DDR2? Very urgent!

Old April 15th 07, 02:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

Default 24" full HD LCD monitor and videocard ATI Radeon x1650 Pro DDR3 or DDR2? Very urgent!

I'm sorry for the urgency but tomorrow morning I have to clear my
ideas.
In your opinion can I use the videocard ATI Radeon x1650 Pro DDR3 or
DDR2 with a 24" full HD LCD monitor ?
Will the monitor lost the image quality?
Have I to purcase a videocard with better feature?
Thanks
Old April 15th 07, 02:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tom Horsley

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 15:37:14 +0200
wrote:

I'm sorry for the urgency but tomorrow morning I have to clear my
ideas.
In your opinion can I use the videocard ATI Radeon x1650 Pro DDR3 or
DDR2 with a 24" full HD LCD monitor ?
Will the monitor lost the image quality?
Have I to purcase a videocard with better feature?
Thanks

The phrase "full HD" is without meaning, but for experiences
with ATI cards and high resolution LCDs, you might want
to read:
http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/easy-linux.html

It is mainly for linux, but I've had problems with Windows
as well (and the pointers I give to other bug reports seem
to indicate I am not alone).
Old April 15th 07, 04:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

My monitor is high resolution LCD 24". It is Samsung SyncMaster 244T
I am an inexperienced boy and I don't understand english fine,
therefore I don't understand well the page of your link.
I'm sorry. Can you explain better with easy words?

Old April 15th 07, 07:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

wrote in message
I'm sorry for the urgency but tomorrow morning I have to clear my
ideas.
In your opinion can I use the videocard ATI Radeon x1650 Pro DDR3 or
DDR2 with a 24" full HD LCD monitor ?

Yes.

Will the monitor lost the image quality?

No.

Have I to purcase a videocard with better feature?

Most 24" LCD monitors I've seen have native resolutions of 1920x1200. The
X1650 Pro has no problems running a 2D desktop and playing videos at that
resolution. If you want to play the newest 3D games, the X1650 Pro likely
won't offer sufficient 3D performance.

Old April 15th 07, 10:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

Thanks alot for your news.
A last question please? In your opinion for HDV editing (with Edius NX
card) is it better the X1950XT Pro or is it suficient the X1650 Pro?
thanks ahain

Old April 15th 07, 10:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

There's no such thing as the X1950XT Pro, only the X1950XT or X1950 Pro. :-)

For HD video editing, the X1650 Pro is good enough.

However, from your other post, if you can find the X1950 Pro for the same
price as the X1650 Pro, get the X1950 obviously. :-)

wrote in message
Thanks alot for your news.
A last question please? In your opinion for HDV editing (with Edius NX
card) is it better the X1950XT Pro or is it suficient the X1650 Pro?
thanks ahain

In your opinion can I use the videocard ATI Radeon x1650 Pro DDR3 or
DDR2 with a 24" full HD LCD monitor ?

Yes.

Will the monitor lost the image quality?

No.

Have I to purcase a videocard with better feature?

Most 24" LCD monitors I've seen have native resolutions of 1920x1200. The
X1650 Pro has no problems running a 2D desktop and playing videos at that
resolution. If you want to play the newest 3D games, the X1650 Pro likely
won't offer sufficient 3D performance.

Sapphire Radeon X1650 PRO for HDV editing? URGENT! [email protected] Ati Videocards 2 April 13th 07 07:57 PM
Radeon X550 and 22" monitor? Ed Chait Ati Videocards 4 March 21st 07 04:24 AM
Radeon X1650 bios mod - Help please Armando Overclocking 0 March 11th 07 03:08 AM
DDR, DDR2, DDR3? Swingman General 2 March 9th 06 07:54 AM
Is new msi pcie videocard are built differently from agp card "with the steel plate that posses 3 exit" DDC Ati Videocards 0 January 13th 06 09:30 AM