So Blig, what YEAR will the PS3 render PS3 Killzone 05 demo graphics?

Old July 4th 06, 07:17 AM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Air Raid

Default So Blig, what YEAR will the PS3 render PS3 Killzone 05 demo graphics?

QUOTE:

"Oh Blig, call the 360 Three ****ty all you like, but can you tell the
world NOW when the PS3 will rendering graphics like these?
Killzone:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/imgs_1.html
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/vids_1.html

Motorstorm:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748488/vids_1.html

And the rest, like Gran Turismo 5 (with Spiderman):
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05...s_6124681.html

Merc, you yammer on and on about the Three-****ty, and use a ton of
other derogatory names for things you dislike. The ONLY thing ****ty
here is your foul and putrid usenet postings, and your bile-filled
irrational hatred, and stupid beyond belief fanboy homerism. Microsoft
couldn't hire anyone to do a better job of causing people to hate Sony
than you have shown on Usenet.

No one, and I mean NO ONE is as irrationally off base as you, unless
they are trying to be to irritate other people. I mean NO ONE. You
manage to go right up there with Bush fanboys in your state of being
irrational and way off base. The level you have sunk has been to
defend a format for High def movies like it is life and death.

So, Merc, tell the world what YEAR these will appear?

- Richard Hutnik"

my reply:

PS3 will NEVER produce Killzone 2005 trailer graphics in realtime. not
next year, not in 9 years from now.

It'll take Xbox1080 and PS4 to do Killzone 2005 trailer in realtime.

CELL-RSX (PS3) and Xenon-Xenos (X360) simply do NOT have the power or
RAM to pull it off Or even 50% of it -- be that tje same graphics at
30fps, or 60fps with half the graphic complexity/quality. it's just
not technically possible.

only next-next gen consoles will be capable of those exact graphics at
60fps will no loss in complexity/detail or quality.

end of story.

Blig doesn't have a leg to stand on. he's a complete ****ing IDIOT if
he dares to suggest PS3 can handle it, or even close. well, he's an
idiot anyway.

Old July 4th 06, 11:12 AM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
MS

The funniest thing, Gears Of War is already almost at this level, and on
some ways it's already better. And things can just get better as developers
learn how to use all that power.

Will PS3 ever do this (or even GOW)? No.

Old July 4th 06, 12:17 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Chris F

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 13:12:32 +0300, "MS"
wrote:

The funniest thing, Gears Of War is already almost at this level, and on
some ways it's already better. And things can just get better as developers
learn how to use all that power.

Will PS3 ever do this (or even GOW)? No.

Prey isn't far off it either, though it doesn't seem to have many
outdoo, open areas. at least not in the demo (which is brilliant, i
must add)
--

gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk
Old July 4th 06, 03:13 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

MS wrote:
The funniest thing, Gears Of War is already almost at this level, and on
some ways it's already better. And things can just get better as developers
learn how to use all that power.

Will PS3 ever do this (or even GOW)? No.

Highly detailed and active city scenes with large draw distances and
lots of activity?

- Richard Hutnik

Old July 4th 06, 06:50 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Northern Deity

wrote

wrote:

The funniest thing, Gears Of War is already almost at this level,
and on some ways it's already better. And things can just get
better as developers learn how to use all that power.

Will PS3 ever do this (or even GOW)? No.

Prey isn't far off it either, though it doesn't seem to have many
outdoo, open areas. at least not in the demo (which is brilliant, i
must add)

I am glad I found this.

How can you SERIOUSLY consider Prey to even be remotely close to the
2005 Killzone demo? It isn't even in the same league, and not even
close. And I am referring to the local detail also. Outside of the
funky gravity effects, it isn't even that special either. Maybe it
has some promise, but come on. It isn't even close. I downloaded
the Prey demo, based on your hyping it up and I was MAJORLY
disappointed with it. The demo looked marginally better graphically
than the XBox version of Doom. I knew I was in for some
disappointment when I saw the opening bathroom scene and graphics
only marginally better than what is on the XBox.

Seriously, there is LARGE differences here, LARGE. Prey is deleted
off my harddrive. The online play is also laggy with stuttery
graphics.

- Richard Hutnik

Well if that let you down I feel ****ing sorry for you when the dawn of
realisation hits you when the PS3 turns up.

(No, not a MS fanboy either)
Old July 4th 06, 06:50 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bikini Whacks

In article . com,
says...

wrote:

[...]

@Reckon you're doing it a disservice there, mate, though I agree that
the sink and water effect at the beginning is very poorly executed. I
thought Timesplitters when I saw it.
Old July 4th 06, 07:12 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Chris F

wrote:

The funniest thing, Gears Of War is already almost at this level, and on
some ways it's already better. And things can just get better as developers
learn how to use all that power.

Will PS3 ever do this (or even GOW)? No.

Prey isn't far off it either, though it doesn't seem to have many
outdoo, open areas. at least not in the demo (which is brilliant, i
must add)

I am glad I found this.

i'm happy for you.

How can you SERIOUSLY consider Prey to even be remotely close to the
2005 Killzone demo? It isn't even in the same league, and not even
close. And I am referring to the local detail also. Outside of the
funky gravity effects, it isn't even that special either. Maybe it has
some promise, but come on. It isn't even close. I downloaded the Prey
demo, based on your hyping it up and I was MAJORLY disappointed with
it. The demo looked marginally better graphically than the XBox
version of Doom. I knew I was in for some disappointment when I saw
the opening bathroom scene and graphics only marginally better than
what is on the XBox.

well i was impressed iwth it. i thought the lighting and texture
effects were great, and sorry but it looks a lot better than Doom3 on
Xbox does.

maybe i have more realistic expectations from the hardware than you
seem to have? Prey is closer to the Killzone demo than anything that
we've seen realtime from the PS3 so far, but of course it won't look
as good. nothing will in this generation, because the killzone demo
was CGI!

Seriously, there is LARGE differences here, LARGE. Prey is deleted off
my harddrive. The online play is also laggy with stuttery graphics.

can't comment on the online play, i haven't tried it yet, and probably
won't as it's just a demo. i wasn't implying it was some
uber-realistic futuristic vista-laden eye candy fest, i just said it's
pretty damned good. no need to wet yourself. if you didn't like it
then fair enough, but it's quite easily the best demo i've played on
the 360 and probably the first which has convinced me to actually buy
the game.

i never said it was CGI quality. if you're this disappointed from
something i "hyped" you'll probably ****ing kill yourself when the PS3
is released.

Old July 4th 06, 07:18 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Bikini Whacks wrote:
In article . com,
says...

wrote:

[...]

It didn't get better. Then the rest I was stuck in a pit, looked
around, killed more detailed beasties that looked like they came out of
Doom 3 and that was it. Mind you Doom 3 looks EXCELLENT on the XBox.
But, the shot I was taking here is that Killzone 05 demo was a HUGE
city with TONS of detail in the environment. What Prey showed was a
game based off the Doom 3 engine, and not as close. The environment
isn't all that interactive either. This doesn't mean it wouldn't
necessarily be a good game, but people need to STOP putting it in
nearly the same class as Sony's nonsense 2005 prerendered videos.

Personally, I think Haze is closer to Killzone than Prey is:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...g_3589924.html

Killzone 05:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/7...g_3318602.html

Now Prey:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...g_3710213.html

Prey is pretty close to what I saw in Riddick on the XBox as far as
graphics goes. Again, MAYBE there is a real good game in there, but it
is NOT in league with the bogus 05 Killzone demo.

- Richard Hutnik

Old July 4th 06, 07:20 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Unmutual

wrote:

The funniest thing, Gears Of War is already almost at this level, and on
some ways it's already better. And things can just get better as
developers
learn how to use all that power.

Will PS3 ever do this (or even GOW)? No.

Prey isn't far off it either, though it doesn't seem to have many
outdoo, open areas. at least not in the demo (which is brilliant, i
must add)
--

gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk

Prey looks no better than Doom 3. In fact it looks almost identical!

Old July 4th 06, 07:22 PM posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,uk.games.video.playstation,uk.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Chris, take a look at what is in Haze on the 360, that they were
showing. That is closer to Killzone 05. As for the PS3 I have NO
intention of getting that system until it is like half the price and
has a bunch of AAA titles for it. I am happy with my 360 at the
moment.

- Richard Hutnik